Ebay is fucked up tonight. my records are magic.

aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Just posted 48 disco 12"s. They appear and disappear at will. Sometimes when you search under my seller name, it says i have 0 items for sale, other times 47, but never 48. hmmmm? strange. Now i am on hold with their live help chat window online. and for some reason lowercase "t" does not work on their prompt. get it together.

Comments

• Like a visit to Nike Camp, you are sneaky.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Like a visit to Nike Camp, you are sneaky.

Huh?

this is not a promotion for my records for sale.

i pay to post in the sales section.

this is an actual question. what the hell is the deal with my auctions appearing and disappearing? now it only lists that i have 2 records for sale. 5 minutes ago it was 47, 5 minutes before that 0.

has anyone else experienced this problem before?

it happened to me once last year and it took two days to get it worked out.

• Ari, this sort of thing happens to me regularly for the first hour or so after I post listings. After that it always works itself out. But it couldn't hurt to get on ebays case just to be safe.

• I listed some things earlier today and my auctions didn't show up for about two hours, so if you haven't waited that long just be patient..otherwise, I have no idea.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I listed the auctions 6 hours ago or more.

it's weird cause one minute they are there and the next minute nothing.

then it'll leave out one item, then it"ll leave out 45 of them.

• Like a visit to Nike Camp, you are sneaky.

Huh?

this is not a promotion for my records for sale.

i pay to post in the sales section.

Great!

this is an actual question. what the hell is the deal with my auctions appearing and disappearing? now it only lists that i have 2 records for sale. 5 minutes ago it was 47, 5 minutes before that 0.

has anyone else experienced this problem before?

it happened to me once last year and it took two days to get it worked out.

I would think it's your cache and how your browser reacts to it at any given time. It happened on the previous version of this board as well, where the amount of unread posts would change each time I would close the browser.

Whether or not that's the actual reason, I don't know.

• now that I think about it...this happened to me last year as well, but I remember it resolving itself after a day. If time isn't a issue, just wait til tommorrow, and if the problem hasn't been fixed, just relist and file a claim with the bay for your listing fees. I'm sure it's just a temporary malfunction

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Do you mind checking out the link in the sales classifieds and letting me know how many auctions you see listed?

i've tried on two different computers with two different browsers.

• Do you mind checking out the link in the sales classifieds and letting me know how many auctions you see listed?

Sure, be back in a few.

• I only see six listings, so I guess the cache theory is ruled out?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    6 is a new one.

i really don't get this.
    ebay is saying that they see 48.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i see 7

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    6 is a new one.

i really don't get this.
    ebay is saying that they see 48.

Hey Ar*, I have often had this problem. I think it takes up to 24 hours for them to properly appear on the external link. I think it has something to do with the way the listings are distributed through their system.

I only see 10 at the moment. You are talking about the external link, not your internal My Ebay section, right?

-M

• Do you mind checking out the link in the sales classifieds and letting me know how many auctions you see listed?

When I clicked the link that was in the classified section, I saw 6 records. When I went into one of them, and checked to see what else you were selling, it listed 8.

I clicked out and went into another browser. It lists you as having 47 records for sale.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    hey mark-

i see all 48 in "My Ebay" under items for sale.

but when i search by my user name or click on "view seller's other items," i get varied results.

• I just checked....47

also...gotdamn!

I just checked....47

also...gotdamn!

I guess they caught wind of the problem. Voila!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    yeah, pain in the fucking ass.

47 is the best i've been able to get.

and then they disappear all over again.

if it is an issue with indexing as ebay is saying to me, how can an item appear for a moment i.e. it is now indexed.... and then disappear.

sorry if i'm rambling about this. i spent three hours posting these tonight... a little bit irritating.

and then they disappear all over again.

I'm not sure what the "disappearing" is about. You're on Safari, right? You might want to try and DL Firefox, just for your own testing purposes. They are staying put via Firefox.

I feel your pain. It took a few hours for my stuff to show up today, and I had wanted to attract bidders from auctions that were ending earlier. Damn.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i have been using two different browsers on two different computers.

safari on my mac.

and IE on a PC.

two hands, baby. two hands.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I see a new item every few minutes--started with 11, now it's up to 18.

i have been using two different browsers on two different computers.

safari on my mac.

and IE on a PC.

two hands, baby. two hands.

Ah, okay. Well, maybe give Firefox a try? I'm curious what other browsers the rest of us are using, but I'm guessing it's one of those three, too.

• what I want to know is, why hasn't my seven souls "I still love you" 45 gotten any action yet

it's a conspiracy

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    and now 22.

but it is still skipping items in the order listed.

supposedly ebay is going to fix it (i have them on chat) but they said this the last time it happened last year and i lost two days of auctions

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    They appear and disappear at will. Sometimes when you search under my seller name, it says i have 0 items for sale, other times 47, but never 48. hmmmm? strange.

same thing happened to me. give it a day and it will sort itself out