Question for the sneaker heads

funkyexamplefunkyexample 915 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I just found a pair of limited edition shelltoes that were release in early 2005 for the 35th anniversary. they made 300 pairs. i want a pair. besides ebay- is there a resource to find any?

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i think they made a few different "35th anniversary" shell toes, can you give a better description of what they might look like? itd be easier to help/pinpoint what you are looking for.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    d-mop or neighbourhood?

sorry dude you have to pay to play by this point.

http://www.pickyourshoes.com/size/adidas_superstar_35.htm

• There were many different kinds of 35th anniversary edition. Do you have a name/ description?

I have the Project Playground ones, designed by Bobbitto

• Unless you have about a grand to drop on a pair of kicks.....the Neighborhood Shelltoes are out of the question.

For those that like the Neighborhoods.....go to your local Finish Line (I'm pretty sure they are FL exclusives) and they have a very similar pair of Shelltoes.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

damn thiose are nice. Is that one of the limited to 300 shoes? if so, do they make reissues or something?

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

damn thiose are nice. Is that one of the limited to 300 shoes? if so, do they make reissues or something?
    Those came limited to 4000 I think. You should be able to find them for about a $100-$150 if you use the power of internet-search. I saw a lot of them on eBay just a week ago, that's always a good place to check.

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    The Foot-Patrol ones were also limited to 300. I picked up a pair in SF the other week, purely by luck.

The Neighborhoods were my favourites, but I'm not paying $1000+ for those... or any shoe, come to think of it.

• Funny this comes up today...I am far from a sneaker head, but was looking at the Bobbito website yesterday, and followed a link to those Project Playground sneakers.

Did find them on the internet, and the site I found said they run $140. It also said that according to customer feedback, they tend to run 1/2 size SMALL, so be careful. Try them on if possible before dropping that sort of loot on 'em. If that rumor is true, then my big ass feet are out on these beauties.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I like the project playground ones, but those 1000+ ones are in the WTF category for me. Kinda like the 2500 dollar ugly grey dunks with a pigeon on them.