Premonition finds

MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Last Saturday I dreamt this dream. A digging dream, which I don't get that often. I was at a spot right next to where I live and looking around. The place had changed a bit (a la dream situations) but I didn't mind, it looked the same to me. I stumble upon the crates they have there and find all these dope records. Remember specifically finding tons and tons of Fela Kuti, and since it was a dream, all the covers were designed by my brain and looked like private press jernts with good looks. Anyhoo, I stumble with this huge stack of records up to the counter and give the clerk (who happens to be a friend) the stack and he starts punching shit in the register. Seeing as all of his coworkers mysteriously show up at that moment he's unable to give me a discount and rather than marking shit down he overprices my shit which I completely didn't understand. Since the amount was getting way over the price I wanted to pay I started looking through the records to find some stuff I could do without. Then I realize that all the records had changed and therefore all the Fela records were gone and replaced by some records I didn't know. Being pretty wound up I just screamed out of nowhere "Are you kidding me?? Is this a dream?!?[/b]". To this all the staff answered "Yes, of course! What did you think that you'd find all these awesome records in one spot?". My reaction was just to walk home and when I arrived at my door I instantly woke up.Seeing as I dreamt this dream, the first thing that I do Monday morning is to go to that shop as soon as it opened and go through their shit, thinking that this dream was a premonition. Boy was I wrong. It was wall-to-wall crap and the two records I picked up I was bitterly disappointed with, even though I paid only roughly $1 for the both of them.Which leads me to my question.. has anybody here had a dream of a huge score and then found some amazing shit? Is there such a thing as a premonition dream-digfest? Stories plaese.

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Last Saturday I dreamt this dream. A digging dream, which I don't get that often. I was at a spot right next to where I live and looking around. The place had changed a bit (a la dream situations) but I didn't mind, it looked the same to me. I stumble upon the crates they have there and find all these dope records. Remember specifically finding tons and tons of Fela Kuti, and since it was a dream, all the covers were designed by my brain and looked like private press jernts with good looks.

Anyhoo, I stumble with this huge stack of records up to the counter and give the clerk (who happens to be a friend) the stack and he starts punching shit in the register. Seeing as all of his coworkers mysteriously show up at that moment he's unable to give me a discount and rather than marking shit down he overprices my shit which I completely didn't understand. Since the amount was getting way over the price I wanted to pay I started looking through the records to find some stuff I could do without. Then I realize that all the records had changed and therefore all the Fela records were gone and replaced by some records I didn't know. Being pretty wound up I just screamed out of nowhere "Are you kidding me?? Is this a dream?!?[/b]". To this all the staff answered "Yes, of course! What did you think that you'd find all these awesome records in one spot?". My reaction was just to walk home and when I arrived at my door I instantly woke up.

Seeing as I dreamt this dream, the first thing that I do Monday morning is to go to that shop as soon as it opened and go through their shit, thinking that this dream was a premonition. Boy was I wrong. It was wall-to-wall crap and the two records I picked up I was bitterly disappointed with, even though I paid only roughly $1 for the both of them.

Which leads me to my question.. has anybody here had a dream of a huge score and then found some amazing shit? Is there such a thing as a premonition dream-digfest? Stories plaese.

I had a dream about a Marcus Belgrave "Space Odyssy" Disco 12' re-edit on Tribe from 1981.

I later found a mint copy.

• Never had a premonition dream but I did have a dream (or nightmare) last night that I was digging at a carboot sale but it was in my old school playground?

Picked up all these psych things (which weren't records that actually exist) and I was all excited thinking this is my best score ever. A record dealer I know then came along and took them out of my hand and said he had an arrangement with the stall owner for first dibs on records.

Woke up at that point heart pounding and thoroughly disapointed.

Strange indeed.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    "Are you kidding me?? Is this a dream?!?[/b]". To this all the staff answered "Yes, of course! What did you think that you'd find all these awesome records in one spot?".

I once had a dream that I was dreaming. It started with one of those cliche movie moments where something really scary or bizarre happened and then poof! I wake up in bed thinking to myself: 'oh man, it was just a dream'. However, the phone rings and 'hey, your still dreaming punk!'.
    But no, no record dreams that actually came true, that would be dope though.

• I think there is such things as record serendipity. I've had dreams of certain lp's or comped a song from an mp3 on a mixed cd and found them soon after. It always trips me out and makes me pray and give thanks to the record gods every day

• Never had a premonition dream but I did have a dream (or nightmare) last night that I was digging at a carboot sale but it was in my old school playground?

Picked up all these psych things (which weren't records that actually exist) and I was all excited thinking this is my best score ever. A record dealer I know then came along and took them out of my hand and said he had an arrangement with the stall owner for first dibs on records.

Strange indeed.

Haha, this basically happened to me in real life at the flea market last weekend (except it was disco and modern soul instead of psych). A walking nightmare. I think it was the first time I've ever cursed someone out in public.

Strange indeed.

Haha, this basically happened to me in real life at the flea market last weekend (except it was disco and modern soul instead of psych). A walking nightmare. I think it was the first time I've ever cursed someone out in public.

If somebody physically removed the albums from your hands, I don't blame you for going all *&^%$ - this person had first dibs, but didn't have the foresight to have the shit put aside?

• Not really a dream, but still a premonition all the same...years ago, the night before I went to a church rummage sale, I am listening to a late night dusties show. On comes "Open The Door To Your Heart" by Darrell Banks and I'm like, "wow, wouldn't mind finding his album." Sure enough, the next day, I bought a mint stack of mostly old soul albums, and one of them was the Darrell Banks album on Atco with that song on it.

• I went to a flea market one morning and found a funky local FL record and said to myself "oh cool, THIS one!", put it in my short stack, bought it and brought it home.

To this day I swear a friend of mine told me about it, or showed it to me from his collection. But when I showed it to him he said he never heard of it.

Thing is, it's just NOT the kind of record I would pick out randomly. The cover is totally wack.

I feel scared, somebody hold me. SPOOKY

• Damn, getting punked out for your records in a dream is

The scariest record premonition I had came true, but it's too fucked to even talk about

• The scariest record premonition I had came true, but it's too fucked to even talk about

• The scariest record premonition I had came true, but it's too fucked to even talk about

that's funny, but I'm not talking creepy scary...more like--it's fucked up I even thought about that scary. whatever..

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    lepooh wassup
    i aint heard from you in like a year
    hope everything is peace

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    don't get me started on my theories of "record visualization."

• girgir 329 Posts
    don't get me started on my theories of "record visualization."

plaese to get started

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    No dreams involved, but I've had more than a few instances where I've thought about how much I'd like to find a certain record and within 1-2 days found that exact record. It's weird, but I think you have to think about but not reallyexpect to find it for that to work.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

The scariest record premonition I had came true, but it's too fucked to even talk about
    Dude, why you gotta be a tease? How can we read that and not wanna hear it!

My mom thinks she got some crazy premonition, but she's just crazy in general. I've never experienced record premonition, but I have had intense deja-vu where I have literally sounded out words coming out of other peoples mouths. This has happened 3 times in my life.

But really, the craziest weird shit that ever happened to me was just a couple of days ago. First off, let me explain that when I'm alone I tend to think out loud. Basically, I talk to myself in a whisper sometimes. Weird? Yes. Get over it.

But the other night I saw something on the intarweb that made me whisper something like, "Whoa! That's crazy." Then, with no warning, about 3-4 other words come out of my mouth... but I never moved a muscle. I mean, I didn't move my mouth, tongue, nothing. But I distinctly heard words come out of my mouth.

Let me state for the record that I do not smoke pot. I also do not do (nor have I ever done) LSD or any other psychotropic drug. But swear to fucking God, words came out of my mouth that I did not speak. This was hands down the scariest thing that's ever happened to me.

Commence clowning.

Are you sure you weren't just reading the "most raerist jazzfunk albums" and that special voice from high-above whispered "tepid funk terd"?

That very well could be what the voice said. I couldn't understand it. All I'm saying is: I've never heard of adult onset schizophrenia, so what the fuck is happening to me?

BTW, this is not the only auditory hallucination I've had recently. Shit is getting muy bizzaro.

Maybe you should see a doctor? Unless this disorder is helping you to get raer that is.

I know some people (2 people) who have become schizophrenic (sp?) after sever emotional trauma (i.e. death in the family type stuff). One of them is doing a lot better now, though.

Maybe you should see a doctor?

Seeing doctors is for people with insurance.

(real-poor headz know tha deal)

• chrischris 287 Posts
    I've never heard of adult onset schizophrenia

actually, hate to tell you but onset for most cases of schizophrenia is early adulthood.

I've never heard of adult onset schizophrenia

actually, hate to tell you but onset for most cases of schizophrenia is early adulthood.

Right, but I'm 28. As far as I understand it happens in early twenties at the latest.

• do some lsd pronto.

• I've dreamt about picking up raers like a million times, always that disapointing situation of waking up and realizing it was a dream i also plenty of times dream that i find money on the ground that is just lined up like someone dropped them on purpose in a trail and i'm always the only one who pick that money up in my dreams, don't know what that should mean though

Also, anybody remember some records they dreamt about that doesn't exist?

I remember when i bought MR Kofe "land of lost and found" on Debko (which wasn't a special transaction at all or anything..) and dreamt i got it as a cd that played on a vinyl player, i was very disapointed but the dealer explained it was the original (never met the dealer in real life) , very confusing...

/L

Maybe you should see a doctor?

Seeing doctors is for people with insurance.

(real-poor headz know tha deal)
    I always forget I'm canadian

• I've had many dreams of ultimate scores,funny how half way through the dream all the raer privates begin to morph into Foreigner records.

But I did have a dream about a specific record.I dreamt I went to Bob Dickies spot-9th st. Records in Philly - and found a mint copy of Acting Trio (on BYG/Actuel)in the new arrivals bin. The next day, low and behold, there it was,so I scooped it.Not a holy grail or anything but a little strange.
    I told Bob I dreamt about the record,his eyes get all wide and he proceeds to tell me he had recently dreamt about finding the Perry Leopold record(uber private real people psych), several days later he finds a nice copy in a freaking trash can across the street from his shop!! This is a $1000 record. That's weird.