edited February 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Hmmmmmmmm ...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Hmmmmmmmm ...

you looking to mint up?

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I gotta mark dude as spam on my email browser.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Most definitely "the real funky black man soul".

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Most definitely tepid. Glad I got the reissue.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    get doooooowwwwn - - - PHILLY TOWN!

That song alone is worth $369.57!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Well, not every track. But I recall listening to this at the time and thinking: "that's like 350 Crispy Chicken Nuggets."

haha!

I actually think it's one of the better "raer fonk" records, but I'm not as much an enthusiast of this genre as some.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Yeah, it only sounds $200 good to me.

• i too personally think this record is kind of burnt. i would rather have 20 ethnic folkways LP's for sure. or ten folk psych mellows. or 40 aor private stash jobs.

later.

ap

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I'd rather take care of a third of the 45s on my Little Dude Wants List.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I think I'm lucky in a way that I
    actually like the crazy smoothed/bugged out
    ballads on funk records...the Carpenters cover on
    Soul Searchers Salt of the Earth? Hells yeah.
    Fatback Band takin' it down for Witchita Lineman?

booya

5000 luego

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Glad I got the reissue.

I think I'm lucky in a way that I
    actually like the crazy smoothed/bugged out
    ballads on funk records...

booya

Me too. I think the ballads on this are good.

but yeah, no way I'd pay $400 - like AP said, that is a lot of ethnic folkways.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    i too personally think this record is kind of burnt. i would rather have 20 ethnic folkways LP's for sure. or ten folk psych mellows. or 40 aor private stash jobs.

later.

ap

This kind of comment can work for any $400 record. There is no record that is 40x times greater than Still Bill or 400x better than Donny & Roberta. It's not a fair comparison. Investigation #1 is a good record, funk, jazz, guitar as I remember. If you want an original, pony up $400. If you want Eskimo blanket dance songs buy them. I like them all.

Dan

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Well, not every track. But I recall listening to this at the time and thinking: "that's like 350 Crispy Chicken Nuggets."

i too personally think this record is kind of burnt. i would rather have 20 ethnic folkways LP's for sure. or ten folk psych mellows. or 40 aor private stash jobs.

later.

ap

This kind of comment can work for any $400 record. There is no record that is 40x times greater than Still Bill or 400x better than Donny & Roberta. It's not a fair comparison. Investigation #1 is a good record, funk, jazz, guitar as I remember. If you want an original, pony up $400. If you want Eskimo blanket dance songs buy them. I like them all.

Dan

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    pretty fucking good for a SS copy. definitely worth the dough. great record to cop and either sell immediately for a $50-100 mark up or get some bomb ass trade for it.

i dont see the big deal... again.

also craig and the johns can charge pretty much anything they want and get away with it. they have the goods and is usually in pretty damn great shape (though manship can be a little off on his grading).

i dont think its worth should be that high but fuck it... if you got the dough to get it i would.