whats worse, losing all your records in a fire, or

troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
losing all your records to an ex-wife? Or should I even ask?

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    ex-wife is worse, because she's just gonna give 'em to her new boyfriend. fire is your friend.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I lost my home to a fire in August of '04....started by an electrical short in the attic and destroyed 90% of my families belongings......most of my records were spared because 1) They were in the only room in the house that didn't have an attic above it ....and....2) The Firemen made an incredible effort to get 50 crates of LP's out of the house.....after everything settled I asked the Fire Chief why on earth they saved the records...he said "Two of our guys are record collectors".

As I told my family, the good news was that we had insurance and the next morning we were not looking for a Funeral Home or a Homeless Shelter!!

Once the fire takes your records they are gone forever.....you can always kill the Ex and steal them back!!!

• i think my wife would be really pissed if everything we owned burned EXCEPT my records... that's probably the one thing she wouldn't mind losing

• The Firemen made an incredible effort to get 50 crates of LP's out of the house.....after everything settled I asked the Fire Chief why on earth they saved the records...he said "Two of our guys are record collectors".

Get them rekkids!

• I had a fire in '97 and had a bit of divine intervention...my record shelf had a TV on top of it...the fire didnt get into that particular room, but it was hot enough to melt the TV, it looked like a Dali painting..but miraculously, my records were fine, the spines were just sooty. I suppose they were packed so tightly that the heat didnt effect them. Only the record on the turtable melted(all over the melted stereo) it was a frickin miracle.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I had a fire in '97 and had a bit of divine intervention...my record shelf had a TV on top of it...the fire didnt get into that particular room, but it was hot enough to melt[/b] the TV, it looked like a Dali painting..but miraculously, my records were fine, the spines were just sooty. I suppose they were packed so tightly that the heat didnt effect them. Only the record on the turtable melted[/b](all over the melted[/b] stereo) it was a frickin miracle.
    yer shit was all

• The Firemen made an incredible effort to get 50 crates of LP's out of the house.....after everything settled I asked the Fire Chief why on earth they saved the records...he said "Two of our guys are record collectors".

50 crates. That's alot in that situation! Props to the firefighters..

• 2) The Firemen made an incredible effort to get 50 crates of LP's out of the house.....after everything settled I asked the Fire Chief why on earth they saved the records...he said "Two of our guys are record collectors".

is right. That is incredible.

My house burned down when I was 16 (a couple years before I had any records) but the firemen went out of their way to find my mom's glasses. Those guys are so cool when shit is on But, this is why I campaign to Catalog your shit! Keep a spread sheet and get extra insurance if you have to.

Oh, and because of the insurance out, I say ex-wife taking 'em is worse. Talk about salt in the wound.