Put on yer happy helmets...week o' $mall ??hange

smallchangesmallchange 202 Posts
edited February 2006 in Announcements
Table of (mis)contents:Uno??? chart action spinal tap styleDos??? party at the Puma store open bar madness w/ Queen Majesty, LindseyTres??? Nublu tues w/ In Flagranti, Cocoa Cracker BrownQuatro??? Soundclash release par-tay pt. 2, friday with Deadly Dragon SelectahsCinco??? parting schlitzuno uno uno uno uno uno$?? it goes up to 11!Jay Dee ???Fuck the Police??? Up Above 12???Really tragic to see someone with so much talent check out too early...RIPYellow Sunshine ???Yellow Sunshine??? Gamble 7???Classic b-boy break???my doubles are tagged by Grandmaster FlowersThe Headcoates ???Davey Crockett (Gabba-Hey!) Sub Pop 7???The godfather of the medway sound???nuff respeck due.Kudu ???Death of the Party??? Nublu CDPlaying with these kids every Tuesday, and their debut album has some tasty moments, one to watch.Jazzanova ???The Remixes 2002-2005??? Sonar Collective CDMofos have been killin??? it for years, always solid productions???Fourtet feat. Percee P ???A Joy (Pt. 2)??? Domino 12???Slightly left field but still very much in the pocket, nice combo of a forwarding thinking producer and certified dope mc.Scringer Ranks ???Dun Wid Kuff??? FM Force 12???Obscure answer record to shelly thunder???s classic ???Kuff??????thanks scratch famous!Bis ???Shack Up??? Optimo Singles Club 12???Nice electro-ey cover of the Banbarra/A Certain Ratio classicJames Brown ???Talkin??? Loud and Sayin??? Nothin??? (Rock Version)??? King Promo 7??????How ya like me now???Untouchable Machine Shop ???Machine Shop Pt. 1??? Wavelength 7???Bangin??? funk seven. Copped this at my girl Shakey???s record fair, here???s to many more!Pat Rhoden ???Living for the City??? Attack 7???Dope reggae cover of the Stevie classic.dos dos dos dos dos dos dosMonday I???m spinnin??? a short lil??? set of treats and beats at the Puma store. They do these lil??? shindigs every so often, and I recommend getting there early cos it can get severly packed. Semi-alcoholic party people and open bars are like flies to???well, lets not go there. But I will be dropping some serious shit cos I only got 50min to shine, plus I???m alongside some a class selectahs, Queen Majesty (Deadly Dragon), Lindsey (Negroclash), and Jin. Since valentines day is ???round the corner expect my romantic side to come out???in the form of booty bass and geto house. Let me bang. Btw, I???m not responsible for the caps below, not a big fan of email SHOUTING. I???m sure y???all hear me loud and clear.PUMA and EVISU would like to invite you, this Valentine???s eve, to feel the spirit of TRUE LOVE NEVER DIES, and celebrate the launch of a series of co-branded EVISU denim available exclusively ONLY at the PUMA Broadway store MONDAY FEBRUARY 13, 2006 8-11PMTHE PUMA BROADWAY STORE521 BROADWAY (BETWEEN SPRING & BROOME)MUSICAL FLIRTATIONS FROM QUEEN MAJESTY, SMALL CHANGE, LINDSEY AND JINCOMPLIMENTARY BEVERAGES PROVIDED COURTESY OF STOLICHNAYA AND TIGERRSVP [email]TLNDNYC@PUMA.COM[/email]PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY, CAPACITY IS LIMITEDRSVP REQUIRED FOR ENTRY MUST BE 21+ TO ATTENDTres tres tres tres tres tresAnother session at Nublu, I???m there every Tues, alongside Cocoa Cracker Brown, a quality individual with some very tight selections. In Flagranti, which features Sascha from Organic Grooves fame, always plays every week on the early tip, some heavy world beat funk dub in yer place. Sascha has been fighting the good fight in NYC for a long time and its nice to be rockin??? with him on a weekly basis, and the new project is tight. Kudu is off this week but will be thurr the following. Nublu is a cozy lil??? spot with dancefloor of folks who get down to shit they haven???t heard before. Its really all you can ask these days as a DJ, trying to steer clear of the day of the dead zombies and their 50 requests. Stop the insanity!DJs Cocoa Cracker Brown and $mall ??hangelive set by In Flagranti10pm-4amTuesdays @ NubluAve. C btw 4th and 5th, east side of the street, look for the blue light bulb.$5 coverquatro quatro quatro quatro quatro quatro We continue the celebration of the fact that after all these fuckin??? years I???ve finally sorta got my shit together and have a mix CeeDee that???s being distributed, with some tasty artwerk courtesy of my man Doug Lee. Its called Soundclash, and its chocked full of Jamaican inspired music, from dusty 60???s ska sides to ragga jungle, and everything in between, including a touch of JA opera. Available at finer outlets in the NYC area (Deadly Dragon, Turntablelab, Other Music) and around the country, being distributed by Kajmere on the left coast. Mas info http://www.ksdmusic.com/catalog_item.php?offset=0&item=SMALLCHANGE_SOUNCLASH So this Friday I???ll be joining the Deadly Dragon Selectahs (Queen Majesty, Teflon, Scratch Famous) at there semi-regular spot Kingsize. Despite the name, Kingsize is not a large venue???sorta like my name in reverse. Cause you know I???m really Big Bills, c???mon people, get with the program already! Anyways mucho thanks for havin??? me, Scratch Famous is my dancehall guru and I always have to dig up some heat to even stay on the same level as these reggae professionals. And I will bring John Holt???s ???Strange Things???, the best reggae stalking song ever. And the Big Youth deejay version. We will kill dem.Friday 17th, 10pm-4am Soundclash release party pt. 2 (version excursion)Deadly Dragon SelectersQueen Majesty, Scratch Famous, TeflonEspecial guest $mall ??hangeFriday @ Kingsize 1 Essex St. btw Hester and Canal St.cinco cinco cinco cinco cincoBugs Bunny to Monster:???Did you ever get the feelin???, y???know, like yous was being watched????what a friggin??? country. Check my man my mellow Mike Malloy who always drops science on these greedy ass backwards motherfuckers.http://www.whiterosesociety.org/Malloy.htmlpaz out and have a happy hallmark valentine???s day! Say hi to Rosie for me!$??