Stones Throw Board crashed because of Jay Dee

planeteuropeplaneteurope 56 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
and it is still down. I as a ST nerd can't find any comfort about the loss of Jay Dee when I can not talk about this on my usually ST board. There is allready a Jay Dee dedication song by Roc C on his myspace http://www.myspace.com/rocthisway

Comments

• They need to get better forum software. I would suggest vBulletin.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    You came to the right place looking for comfort

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    You came to the right place looking for comfort

yes, you can leave your backpack at the door and make yourself at home

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Oh no... ST refugees are coming over here now?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Oh no... ST refugees are coming over here now?

although i feel this

There were a coulpe not bad guys around at the st board before (bapt,beatchemist, beatnick) i remeber this dude being cool

welcome

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    and it is still down. I as a ST nerd can't find any comfort about the loss of Jay Dee when I can not talk about this on my usually ST board. There is allready a Jay Dee dedication song by Roc C on his myspace
    http://www.myspace.com/rocthisway

What's good Planete?

You're late about the ROC C dedication song

Welcome.

• Oh no... ST refugees are coming over here now?

Ouch! Even after linking directly to Soulstrut from their main page!
    http://www.stonesthrow.com/index2.html

As a piece offering I found the beat on this one pretty dope. I copped the 12" last week.

• Thanks guys, I knew u would understand me. I tried to talk about Jay Dee to "normal" people and it's was like "another dead rapper, was he shot?" They didn't realized that a musical genius of the current times at the niveau of Elvis Presley or John Lennon passed. Seems like this is another test of life.
    By the way I heard that you Strutters come over to the Stonies board when your board is down. So I guess it's ok the other way around. We have a lot in common (exept that we don't asking the "what's worse" questions)

• They didn't realized that a musical genius of the current times at the niveau of Elvis Presley or John Lennon passed.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Hello To All. Long Time Lurker, First time Poster.

Im kinda in the same boat as Planet E. Usually my time spent on any message board is spent reading more than writing, however Ive been feeling pretty messed up about this for all these days and havent been able to connect with anyone that I can relate too. Ive read a lot of similar stories and feelin's on this board and then I saw this Post so I decided to jump in and get acquainted.

It was weird day, I wasnt feelin' well and kept waking up all night feeling ill and restless on thursday. On monday I told my friend Kez that I would pick up my 'Donuts' on Friday before work. What a werid coincidence that only 2 hours later I would check my email only to find the sad news.

He touched so many people with his craft, his passion, his love of music. I never knew I could get so emotional about something like this, someone I never had the pleasure of meeting, His music is like a best friend to me..that will never change and it will never go away ... I feel it and I can hear it...I heard every word, I felt every beat.....the record will keep turnin' and spinnin' even after Death he WILL BE livin' on. I just hope his friends and family know how many people are on these boards, on the web, on the radio playing and paying thier respects and communicating with each other about the pain they must be feeling and that we as fans cant even begin to understand. Its cool to know there are so many people out there who feel the same.

Anyhow, I look forward to reading and definanlty posting more, and getting to know some of you better. There are some people here that I already know pretty well personally, so as cheesy as it sounds I cant wait to share with ya'll again soon. Feel free to make suggestions and corrections or ask questions if and when I ever make any mistakes cuz' im not exactly techno inclined. Peace