DONATIONS FOR DILLA'S MOM

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
For anyone who cares, this was posted on Okayplayer by Ahmir (and got it from Count Bass D)-Being the strong and dedicated mother that she is, Mrs. Yancey temporary relocated to Los Angeles in order to care for her son J. Dilla during his lengthy illness. On behalf of Mrs. Yancey we ask that in lieu of flowers, any heartfelt donations be made payable and sent to:Mrs. Maureen YanceyDonations can be mailed to:Maureen Yancey132 N. Sycamore AvenueLos Angeles, CA 90036Bank Wires can be sent to:Wells Fargo Bank of Los Angeles, CARouting Number: 122000247Account Number: 60432506761-800-869-3557Please note that donations made to Mrs. Yancey are not considered a charitable deduction. This will be considered a gift of help.Thanks to everyone..........If you are one of those who did appreciate Dilla's music and maybe even downloaded some of it for free, it might be nice to make a small donation if you can. But like I said, just for anyone who cares... it's all good.peace

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Oh man. What happened? Did dude not have medical insurance or something?

wow.

Stunned and Saddened by this news.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    perhaps more along the lines of mom being dependent on him as the sole source of income. On account of relocating from home to care for her son full time?

also, selling some personal artifacts that has no sentimental value to her (rene costy cough cough) to rabid record nerds/fans will help alleviate the burden.

either way sad news. A mother should never live to see the death of her children.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Oh man. What happened? Did dude not have medical insurance or something?

wow.

Stunned and Saddened by this news.

Very likely that like many musicians he had no health insurance. His pre-exsisting condition may have prevented him from getting health insurance.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    bump

• just thought i'd bump this again... i'm making a $20 donation tomorrow when i get paid... and i'm a minimum wager.