Going to bed with music on...

chungtechchungtech 290 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
So how many folks here have to go to bed with music on? Is it loud/quiet/super duper quietlyrics/no lyricssade

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I miss auto-return.

I used to be able to go to sleep listening to records -
    now I have to get back up and draw the needle back
    or it spins on dead wax for six-eight hours, most definitely

• Ipod. My girl doesn't like music when we sleep so I have the headphones. Music while I sleep: better than no music.

However, Zappa, Freak Out when you are wasted: Not good. And this Sonny Sharrock that I'm rocking, probably not good either.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Cant do it. Music usually demands too much of my attention.

But theres some stuff i can hang with. I used to like to sleep to this aphex twin ambient cd. It was just like weird soundscapes and stuff, it was cool though.

actually its weird, cause i do like to go to sleep to coast to coast am talk radio.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    When I was a kid I would fall asleep listening to love jams on 102.5 in Sacramento, thus giving all cheezy 80s love jams a hypnotic soporific effect on my soul.

When LL Cool J's "I need Love" comes on I become narcoleptic.

• this reminds me of a question i was meaning to ask on here...

does anyone know of a program that you can set a timer and it will gradually fade your computer volume to zero? if not someone needs to make it. i always listen to music before bed but id like a fade out rather than a stop.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
    that is so funny and ridiculous, but um, yeah I want the same thing too. I think it would need some sensor attached to your brain so it knows to start fading just at that moment when you start fading....off.....to........sleeep...

this post is making me sleepy

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    My girl doesn't like music when we sleep

I turn it on quiet for a little bit, but then sooner or later she asks me to turn it off.

I'm thinking of breaking it off with her because of this.

PSYCH

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    this reminds me of a question i was meaning to ask on here...

does anyone know of a program that you can set a timer and it will gradually fade your computer volume to zero? if not someone needs to make it. i always listen to music before bed but id like a fade out rather than a stop.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
    that is so funny and ridiculous, but um, yeah I want the same thing too. I think it would need some sensor attached to your brain so it knows to start fading just at that moment when you start fading....off.....to........sleeep...

this post is making me sleepy
    Dude, that post also made me laugh. But it's a very respectable request.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

Let me love you down...put a fork in me: I'm done.

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    Cant do it. Music usually demands too much of my attention.

When I was like 8 when I stayed over at my best friends house he could not go to sleep without something on. I could not, and still can't, go to sleep with music on. Does anyone here NEED to listen to something, other than covering up loud noise?

• I need dead silence when I'm sleeping. Of course since I don't live with roommates that never happens. I haven't had a decent nights sleep in years.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Music helps me getting earlier to sleep, but most of the time I take the headphones off before I actually fall asleep. It also happened that I woke up with the headphones on. I usually listen to something with a certain atmosphere, like thriller/sci-fi and horror soundtracks, synth libraries and stuff like that. Anything else just doesn't get me in the mood to sleep.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Okay so I got getting-to-sleep problems. I rarely sleep enough. But last night before going to sleep I put on Mia Doi Todd and I slept like a motherfucka.

MIADOITODD'SSOFTTRACKS>EVERYTHINGISOKAY

• I used to play music when I was waiting to fall asleep, but then I'd get too into the music and that would keep me up - so now I read instead - apart from when I'm drunk and then I'll put something on to fall out to.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    the 2 threads I keep mis-reading the titles of tonight are

this one as Going to bed with musicians

and Cam'ron To Comfort Pedophiles on DVD

• Music on the radio...sometimes.
    Music on records/CD's...hell no.

• this never fails to please

• I pretty much always have to have either music or talk radio on. For one thing it drowns out the mild bit of tinnitus I have, and for the other if it's dead quiet I start thinking about things in my head too much and can't just drift off to sleep. If there's music going I can just get lost in that and drift off to sleep. I like to listen to talk radio when I'm laying down but sometimes I find I'm following that too much and trying to listen to it and I don't fall asleep.

I got both Sirius and XM for Christmas so now I have tons of stuff to listen to.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I pretty much always have to have either music or talk radio on. For one thing it drowns out the mild bit of tinnitus I have, and for the other if it'd dead quiet I start thinking about things in my head too much and can't just drift off to sleep. If there's music going I can just get lost in that and drift off to sleep. I like to listen to talk radio when I'm laying down but sometimes I find I'm following that too much and trying to listen to it and I don't fall asleep.
    Exact same for me besides the talk radio part.