Oh No! Zero Feedback Seller on Ebay

ayresayres 1,452 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I just won an expensive item (a Pioneer DVJ for $800) on Ebay from a seller who has 0 feedback and is overseas in Ireland. I don't know why I overlooked the feedback but I did and I don't want to get ripped off. I'm not sure if he has Paypal or not. What should I do?

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I just won an expensive item (a Pioneer DVJ for $800) on Ebay from a seller who has 0 feedback and is overseas in Ireland. I don't know why I overlooked the feedback but I did and I don't want to get ripped off. I'm not sure if he has Paypal or not. What should I do?

Don't risk it son! For real! You got a 50/50 chance or even less of gettin' that thing. Shady equipment is a problem on ebay...

peace.

• yeah seriously, a 800 dollar item...overseas, and zero feedback?

if you do decide to go through with the transaction, i'd take the proper precautions by going through an escrow service or such. it might cost you a bit more, but it'll be worth it.

• yeah, proceed with caution for payment. Don't send him anything until you find out all the details. But that's a great deal seeing as those DVJs run around $2-3000.00

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    an escrow service or such

do you know of a good one? never done that before.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    yeah, proceed with caution for payment. Don't send him anything until you find out all the details. But that's a great deal seeing as those DVJs run around $2-3000.00

Never trust a deal that looks too good. I'm speaking from ripped-off-by-Eastern-European-dudes experience.

• I just won an expensive item (a Pioneer DVJ for $800) on Ebay from a seller who has 0 feedback and is overseas in Ireland. I don't know why I overlooked the feedback but I did and I don't want to get ripped off. I'm not sure if he has Paypal or not. What should I do?

DO NOT DO IT!
    in the early ebay days , i got ripped for $1000 sp 1200...dude sent a fake tracking # to throw me off, whatever it was went to queens...needless to say, i got nada in return.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Is it even wired to work in North America? They got those weird ass electrical plugs overseas.

• I just won an expensive item (a Pioneer DVJ for $800) on Ebay from a seller who has 0 feedback and is overseas in Ireland. I don't know why I overlooked the feedback but I did and I don't want to get ripped off. I'm not sure if he has Paypal or not. What should I do?

Don't even risk it. Would you rather risk a single negative feedback or lose $800. I would take the hit and get the negative.