ok. I have about 300(at least) records i'm selling

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I'm gonna be seling A LOT of records REALLY SOON and I aint fucking with the Ebay bullshit. I am thinking about some set sell type shit, but i've never done it that way. I really dont feel like taking pics of all these(ok maybe some if requested). I am basically talking everything from golden era lps and 12"s,old school hip hop, recent club 12"s and lps,electro/miami bass,disco,R&B,some soul/jazz/funky shit,new wave,no wave,punk,etc...in order words, I have a lot of shit I wanna and gonna sale..so I am leaning toward some set sell listing on Soul Strut(and possible other sites,maybe? any suggestions?). I am only experienced w/ selling on Ebay, so I not sure how I should go about it. I know some dudes will probably want me to list every single record, which I really dont want to do(I kind of plan on listing batches at a time). Right now they are in no order..basically all mixed up. Lil Jon,Banner,Three 6,Big L,Eric B and Rakim,De La,Common,Gangstarr,Geto Boys,Dynamix II,Mantronix,Man Parrish, Egyptian Lover, James Browm, Mandrill, plus many more ALL mixed together..its a fucking mess, really.So back to the point..any advice on how to go about moving this wax? Also..pricewise..where do get pricing ideas? List a price for ever record I list? Use popsike or Ebay as a reference? Have people make me an offer? All info will be much appreciated! THANKS STRUTTERS! Yall save the day again!Heath

Comments

• ok, i'm leaving to pick up a sack. When I return, I hope I see some advice!

thaattsss riiiiighhhhttt

• Try listing on vinylexchange.com boards as well, plenty of fiends there...

• you can probably just type a list of all the records in word
    than copy and paste it into a set sale...
    Dudes on here know most records and will not require pix/clips

You could probably check TSL/dusty groove etc for prices,
    cause popsike only lists bigger auctions (20-30+)

good luck
    L

P.S. I would be willing to take some Geto Boys off your hands
    before the sale if you dont want to spend all that time pricing and
    listing...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    1. use anything and everything as a reference. Beware of flukes in prices.
    2. make a list in word, etc
    3. post list up in the sale classifieds forum, set sale stylee
    4. sit back and field offers
    5. receieve payments, pack and ship
    6. sell of the leftovers in a lot, locally, trade/give them to friends
    7. voila, no more 300+ records

good luck!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    1. use anything and everything as a reference. Beware of flukes in prices.
    2. make a list in word, etc
    3. post list up in the sale classifieds forum, set sale stylee
    4. sit back and field offers
    5. receieve payments, pack and ship
    6. sell of the leftovers in a lot, locally, trade/give them to friends
    7. voila, no more 300+ records

good luck!

Great advice

also with leftovers try trades in shops/stores either as a single lot (goodlooking turds) or individually. You will get $ or great records you select
    although you must know this

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm glad you posted this because I'm stuck with the same dilemma. I guess the upside to ebay is that if you're unsure about what you COULD get for a record, the auction dynamic will help - potentially - to even that out.

But yeah, it's a pain in the arse.

Someone did suggest to me about putting up different sized lots of records on eBay; you're kind of hedging your bets but it can be more efficient than trying to sell shit piecemeal.

Let us (meaning me) know how this works out of you. I need to unload a shitload of stuff, probably at least 300 or more as well.

--OW

I'm gonna be seling A LOT of records REALLY SOON and I aint fucking with the Ebay bullshit. I am thinking about some set sell type shit, but i've never done it that way. I really dont feel like taking pics of all these(ok maybe some if requested). I am basically talking everything from golden era lps and 12"s,old school hip hop, recent club 12"s and lps,electro/miami bass,disco,R&B,some soul/jazz/funky shit,new wave,no wave,punk,etc...

in order words, I have a lot of shit I wanna and gonna sale..so I am leaning toward some set sell listing on Soul Strut(and possible other sites,maybe? any suggestions?). I am only experienced w/ selling on Ebay, so I not sure how I should go about it. I know some dudes will probably want me to list every single record, which I really dont want to do(I kind of plan on listing batches at a time). Right now they are in no order..basically all mixed up. Lil Jon,Banner,Three 6,Big L,Eric B and Rakim,De La,Common,Gangstarr,Geto Boys,Dynamix II,Mantronix,Man Parrish, Egyptian Lover, James Browm, Mandrill, plus many more ALL mixed together..its a fucking mess, really.

So back to the point..any advice on how to go about moving this wax? Also..pricewise..where do get pricing ideas? List a price for ever record I list? Use popsike or Ebay as a reference? Have people make me an offer? All info will be much appreciated! THANKS STRUTTERS! Yall save the day again!

Heath

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Set sale all the way.

Email the list to me before you post it up though.

Trust me!

• okay, I guess I will begin the list today(not sure if I will finish), but I will be posting it up soon