Is yours small or large?

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Your collection.Mine's running around 1,000 pieces (and maybe 200 45s).I like keeping it small... it's more about quality than quantity for me. It used to run larger, but after having moved several times it lost it's appeal. Besides, some pieces i'm content with just to have on CD.I'm much happier with the way it is now...

Comments

• I'm about 1500 LPs and about 500 45s.

• yo I got like 10,000,000,000000 records .........am i cool yet

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    no

NO cause you only got 31 posts.

NO cause you only got 31 posts.

wait, he's got 32. NOW he's cool.

• Got a mixture of roughly 5000 12"s + LPs and about 200 7"s, nothing ultra raer but some nice odds and ends.Trying to tidy out the dead wood at the moment, I've pulled out 400 pieces so far and it hasn't even made a dint...

• I got about 5-6 K lp's and 6 or 7 boxes of 45's

damn, I really gotta start thinning shit out...

I mean really, how many copies of thriller does one man need

BAN

• edubedub 715 Posts
    I'm moving for the second time in a year, and I KNOW that I have too many records... doesn't matter how many I actually have... them shits ain't fun to move.

I'm looking to thin out 10-20 % before moving day... kicking them to the curb

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    "Do you have any idea how much you have here?"

"..it's been many years since i uh.. tried to count it. I'm guessing.. 10-12 thousand.. lps?"

"10-12,000 lps?"

"I'm guessing, it could be as much as 15. I haven't made any attempt to count them in many many years."

"And how many cds?

"a couple thousand."

"No? sorry.."

- spidey

• I'm moving for the second time in a year

I just went through this. It sucks. I got rid of 200+ LPs and about to do it with the singles. LPs SUCK TO MOVE. The point is "Do I reallllllllly need this record? Am I going to listen to it again?" If you ask yourself this about a record, you probablly don't need it. Unless you sample. I collect discusting local LPs.

• The point is "Do I reallllllllly need this record? Am I going to listen to it again?" If you ask yourself this about a record, you probablly don't need it. Unless you sample.[/b]

phew! safe!