Rep local heat that no one knows about

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Here are two of my favorites: Luther gets down and dirty with a hunk of steaming instrumentals, ranging from southern soulishness to bossa to spaghetti western soundtrackery to straight burning fonk. The drum sounds on the bad boy are not to be believed, raw, massively open and never ending. Late 90's CD only release makes this a Soulstrut grail of the future. Don't sleep on Strange Auction[/b] or Trick Question[/b] To listen to soundclips click here Sean Croghan, formerly of PDX indie favs, Crakerbash, serves up a beautiful helping of power pop and soul. Not consistenly great but two songs make this well worth getting. Gwennivere [/b] is about as beautiful a pop song as I ever heard. Sean gets real gone on his soul meets emo-lit masterpiece Otis Tolstoy[/b] . To listen to a clip click here

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Luther gets down and dirty with a hunk of steaming instrumentals, ranging from southern soulishness to bossa to spaghetti western soundtrackery to straight burning fonk. The drum sounds on the bad boy are not to be believed, raw, massively open and never ending. Late 90's CD only release makes this a Soulstrut grail of the future. Don't sleep on Strange Auction[/b] or Trick Question[/b] To listen to soundclips click here

:somerealheadzalreadyknowthedeal:

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    People, send me some love. Dish on the indy rock band that time forgot, the local blues legend waiting to be discovered and the all girl rocksteady troupe you used to see at the local malt shoppe.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    ------------------

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Right back at cha!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

There are these dope Seattle records called

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Here are two of my favorites:

Luther gets down and dirty with a hunk of steaming instrumentals, ranging from southern soulishness to bossa to spaghetti western soundtrackery to straight burning fonk. The drum sounds on the bad boy are not to be believed, raw, massively open and never ending. Late 90's CD only release makes this a Soulstrut grail of the future. Don't sleep on Strange Auction[/b] or Trick Question[/b] To listen to soundclips click here

hmm...heres a flyer i did once:

IMG src=http://www.boomspeed.com/fannywagon/phlya.jpg>

interesting.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

This post is meant mostly for more recent works that aren't really raers but are unknown/underappreciated.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Here are two of my favorites:

interesting.

Wowzers. What's the source of the artwork? What year is your poster from?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Doc Wu, this is pretty good. Big up your boy Luther, I'm gettin' this!

sourdough slim
    ralph shine (r.i.p.)
    dan cohen
    barbra manning

represent

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

This post is meant mostly for more recent works that aren't really raers but are unknown/underappreciated.

The poor man's Buil to Spill but more poppy. Their 45 is too.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    DrWu, you're in Oregon right? Have you heard The Graves "love love love" album? Its super good. This one-

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

ridiculous psych/folk with some funky variations at the end

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Debbie Boone Live @ Fort Apache

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

interesting.

Wowzers. What's the source of the artwork? What year is your poster from?
    this is EXACTLY why i dont sample

• ------------------

I have that namaro. Pretty cool stuff, for a guy known for snoozy lounge piano.

the nevvers

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    didn't you guys listen to Johnny? STOP SNITCHIN

• "Nobody beats the beats" a collective of producers. Think other people on here can tell more about as they are on it.