New PUTS album on the way?

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Los Angeles-based Hip-Hop duo People Under the Stairs (aka PUTS) is releasing their fifth album, Stepfather, this May under the independent Hip-Hop label, Basement Records.The full-length album features guest appearances by legendary Funkadelic and Parliament member George Clinton, Monty Stark of Stark Reality, and Kat of Crown City Rockers.The CD will be accompanied by a bonus hour-long DVD, which includes a short documentary-style film.PUTS, formed in the late '90s by Mike Turner (Double K) and Chris Portugal (Thes One), released their debut album, The Next Step, in 1999 on OM Records.The duo calls Stepfather their most revealing and personal work to date."[We're] always relegated to an old school category of Hip-Hop," said Thes One. "But we really don't like that label. We're coming with an extremely progressive approach on this record. I study a lot of theory and classic material and this album reflects that.""We believe that they are the most musically significant duo to come out of the Los Angeles scene in many years," said Basement Records Founder and CEO Roc Meraz. "In the coming year, Basement Records' entire operation will be focused on???making sure the worldwide Hip-Hop community recognizes the greatness of PUTS and ultimately gives them the recognition they deserve."Yall got George clinton and monty on there? That shit sounds crazy!!

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Also the B-Side of the new UD is really nice...feat. PUTS!

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Thes named an interlude after me! (i think)

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    The full-length album features guest appearances by legendary Funkadelic and Parliament member George Clinton, Monty Stark of Stark Reality, and Kat of Crown City Rockers.
    This would explain the inspiration behind some of the work my homey is doing.

I look forward to copping this.

• Also the B-Side of the new UD is really nice...feat. PUTS!

Speaking of which, where is Stein these days? Soulstrut casualty?

PUTS are the bomb. No doubt about it.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Interesting how people who study music history and make music are labeled as old school or retro. Unfair?