recent reissues/comps on the rise (price wise!)

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Yikes!

though, with stuff like that what else are you gonna do once the reish goes OOP. $80 is still a long way from $300

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Yikes!

though, with stuff like that what else are you gonna do once the reish goes OOP. $80 is still a long way from $300

the more expensive the OG the more expensive the re-ish maybe...

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Yikes!

I was talking to a dealer yesterday (in Holland) and he said that a few years ago all that OG (placebo, jjband) shit was still available for reasonable prices. Now, even if you're lucky to find one, you have to pay at least 250???, even in Belgium! His shop is closing and he was about all this...sad story, was my no1 spot!!! I got the OG CD of this Comp as a gift, but still need the vinyl though....OG preferred...but not for 250

• I remember a rack of these at Amoeba in SF. Probably still there...

if they reissued those three placebos the sessions lp price would drop...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm glad I bought that.

It's only a matter of time before reissues and comps become worth $ themselves.

I remember a rack of these at Amoeba in SF. Probably still there...

they put this out late 90s right?

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    considering this just came out ..US$30 already

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEFTIES-SOUL-CONNECT...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm glad I bought that.

Mulatu anyone?

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

Isn't the winning bidder half of Herbaliser?

• lucerolucero 425 Posts

if its really ollie teeba, then yes !

I'm glad I bought that.

Mulatu anyone?

Mulatu Of Ethiopia ? expensive too?
    both mulatu and sessions sounds good too!

I'm glad I bought that.

already happnin'. Vinyl on a lot of the nicer legit reish stuff is super limited. Smaller presses than the OG's on a lot of them probably.

think so too, in case anyone wants to grab a copy, visit mpmsite.com..."Get it while you can"

I'm glad I bought that.

Mulatu anyone?

Mulatu Of Ethiopia ? expensive too?
    both mulatu and sessions sounds good too!

saw the reish for 15???...probably have to cop that! For how much goes an og btw?

Lightmen Plus One -- Energy Control Center (reissue) . . . LP . . . $13.99 List Price: $15.98 (Item: 402666)
    Lightin', 1972 Condition: New Copy View Cart
    Cosmic jazzy genius from Bubbha Thomas & The Lightmen -- the kind of a record that sounds like it should have come out of Detroit or Chicago in the early 70s -- and not the Texas scene from which the group hailed! The Lightmen have a vibe that reminds us a lot of The Pharoahs or some of the Tribe Records collective -- a willingness to mix free-thinking jazz expression with tighter grooves and funkier rhythms -- stepping out in an instrumental vibe that still has plenty of funky 45 touches, but which also sits nicely alongside the most cosmic work coming out from Impulse at the time! The title cut "Energy Control Center" has an electric spacey quality that reminds us of Sun Ra at his best -- and other tunes soar out with a brilliant post-Coltrane sense of freedom evident in work on saxes, flute, and piano. Titles include "Wench", "Cold Bair", "Leo", "Jupiter's Child", and "The Phantom". (Super heavy cover pressing -- wrapped-around like the original album art!) (From the Jazz LP (J-M) page.)

this one will never go up although the OG is mad rare, why... because the re-vinyl sounds like shit, nicely reproduced cover and the wax/label looks real cool, sad that such a dope record had to be remastered so poorly.
    and yes i was quite mad (still am) at dusty for selling it to me....
    they should end their item discribtion: and by the way the reissue vinyl sounds like crap!

• I just put up the red cover Gary Wilson on the wall here for $40 - I knew it went for a bit of change. Then a couple folks pulled the old "hey, you know that's a reissue, right?" thing and I was like, OK let me be doubly sure... and true enough, the last copy (clearly marked as a motel reissue) went for $60 on ebay.

I just put up the red cover Gary Wilson on the wall here for $40 - I knew it went for a bit of change. Then a couple folks pulled the old "hey, you know that's a reissue, right?" thing and I was like, OK let me be doubly sure... and true enough, the last copy (clearly marked as a motel reissue) went for $60 on ebay.

yup. It's been at about $50 for the last 6 months at least. And copies are up every couple weeks.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    I wonder how quick the Arthur Verocai S/T is gonna go up?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Big $$$$ for a piece of vinyl that 99.98 % of the time is pressed from the same digital transfer use for the CD reish? I say, go buy the fuckin CD.
    This record game is dangerously becoming a Real Doll thing. No

Big $$$$ for a piece of vinyl that 99.98 % of the time is pressed from the same digital transfer use for the CD reish? I say, go buy the fuckin CD.

haha! yeah, but you must be unaware that people are balling for OOP Cd's at a higher level than records.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

haha! yeah, but you must be unaware that people are balling for OOP Cd's at a higher level than records.

I know, don't get me started on that. Digital is digital, download the damn thing and make a Paypal donation to the artist. Who needs a CD in his life? Is it for the booklet? Those tiny pieces of shit where you can't even read the liner notes? And what about those japanese CD editions where they reproduce the exact LP cover. Go read a fuckin liner note in one of those. Yes doggie, I'm mad.

I say, go buy the fuckin CD.

How long do you guys think the CD will exist from now on? Can we have a CDonly graemlin? Or one that says 'reissue' with a real doll next to it?