Marvin Gaye the Movie!!!!!!

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
The movie starts shooting in May. The story only covers his exile to his death.So we wont get to see him during the "What'Goin On" era or the "Grapevine"era.This is who will play him. Excellent choice..................

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Bro, the picture dont work.
    i followed it back with my amazing powers of clicking properties and a good choice? i dunno. I mean dude LOOKS cool, but can he carry the weight of Marvins character?
    like i say, i dunno. i fucking hope so. Whos Directing?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Bro, the picture dont work.
    i followed it back with my amazing powers of clicking properties and a good choice? i dunno. I mean dude LOOKS cool, but can he carry the weight of Marvins character?
    like i say, i dunno. i fucking hope so. Whos Directing?

How iz that!

• Good choice. And dude can sing, which helps.

Hopefully, it won't be the run-of-the-mill biopic we are so used to seeing these days. Something more like Raging Bull would be great...

Dude can sing? Bro we can all sing. this is MARVIN GAYE mayng. im not hatting, im just apprehensive, Hollywood is churning out the musician bio pics at the moment and this is one they fucking must not fuck up. im not sweating the actor chosen, i just dont know much about him and this is a role of a lifetime.

Plaese let me know the pros.

Good choice. And dude can sing, which helps.

Hopefully, it won't be the run-of-the-mill biopic we are so used to seeing these days. Something more like Raging Bull would be great...

I dont think they'll do a RAY thing. He could lip sync Marvin's vocals.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Good choice. And dude can sing, which helps.

I dont think they'll do a RAY thing. He could lip sync Marvin's vocals.

That's what I'm thinking will happen. I do feel, however, that this could be a huge hit or miss. I was just about to pick up some lit on Marvin, too.

im not sweating the actor chosen, i just dont know much about him

So relax.

He can act.Law & Order. He was in RENT, but I dont think singing is required to make a good movie.

• Hopefully, it won't be the run-of-the-mill biopic we are so used to seeing these days. Something more like walk the line would be great...

im not sweating the actor chosen, i just dont know much about him

So relax.

He can act.Law & Order. He was in RENT, but I dont think singing is required to make a good movie.

Glitter had singing in it. now thats a great fucking movie.

im relaxed bro. i counted to ten.

im relaxed bro. i counted to ten.

awww shit. now i gotta sit on the naughty step as well?

• i just hope they film in oostend to get the real feel of his excile.... local people

(just watch the great documentary about him "transit ostend")

Alright, come on out.

Which female would u like to see play his young wife at the time?

Alright, come on out.

Which female would u like to see play his young wife at the time?

Damn... Janice right? Rosario Dawson.

But whos gonna play Dad?

ok, gotta go to work,
    and if you havent already: check out Divided Soul by David Ritz. Now thats a Marvin Gaye movie id watch.

peace.

ok, gotta go to work,
    and if you havent already: check out Divided Soul by David Ritz. Now thats a Marvin Gaye movie id watch.

peace.

The book iz kinda But I read it like 5 times. There are times when it seems a little over-embellished. David Ritz might have something to do with the movie, being around Gaye during his exile. So it can really be a his Mind Garden movie. Hope not.

But whos gonna play Dad?

Damn, that's the movie right there. Oh man, gotta think about that shit.

• But whos gonna play Dad?

Gaye senior:

Eddie Griffin:

Images dont pop up.

ok, gotta go to work,

peace.

The book iz kinda But I read it like 5 times. There are times when it seems a little over-embellished. David Ritz might have something to do with the movie, being around Gaye during his exile. So it can really be a his Mind Garden movie. Hope not.

I know what you mean with the over-embellishment, but like you say "i read it like 5 times' it paints a great picture, and lets face it: when a fan writes a book, its gonna focus on the shiny bits. ive read other bios and this one is the best ive come across.

Im still stumped on Gaye Snr. though...