Things I did while Soulstrut was down

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I played a lot of internet backgammon. That shit is awesome. I'm taking on all comers (no ayo).I went to the vinylvulture board (I was desperate alright). Sorry but . Too much talk about white people's music.Checked the stock portfolio. Things are beginning to look up.Saw Chuck Norris on Best Damn Sports Show talking about Chuck Norris facts. Apparently, all of that stuff is true.

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    worked
    cried
    waxidermy

• I played a lot of internet backgammon. That shit is awesome. I'm taking on all comers (no ayo).

man I'm all about backgammon in the real world. maybe I shoudl try this. what's a good site for that?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I played a lot of internet backgammon. That shit is awesome. I'm taking on all comers (no ayo).

man I'm all about backgammon in the real world. maybe I shoudl try this. what's a good site for that?

i wanna know too!

what did i do while soulstrut was down?

STUDYING without lurking on Soulstrut. much better...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I just played the MSN site. I kicked ass on expert level so it can't be that tough but check it out.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Reading up on sorting algorithms

• Repeatedly pressed F5 on my keyboard until it came back.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Took the time to actually read some of the rest of the site, was shocked and surprised to find things existed outside the forum.

• packing some records for trades w/ fellow strutters

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    I went to the vinylvulture board (I was desperate alright). Sorry but . Too much talk about white people's music.

Their library section is top notch & full of goodness. Ive 'downloaded' some really nice lps after reading that.

• stonesthrow is where it was at!

but it wasn't as good as soulstrut, so i actually had to work!

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I played a lot of internet backgammon. That shit is awesome. I'm taking on all comers (no ayo).

I went to the vinylvulture board (I was desperate alright). Sorry but . Too much talk about white people's music.

Checked the stock portfolio. Things are beginning to look up.

Saw Chuck Norris on Best Damn Sports Show talking about Chuck Norris facts. Apparently, all of that stuff is true.

The VV board could school you on a thousand great records that would never come up on SoulStrut, and I'm not talking about 'white people's music'. A seriously eclectic and deep pool of knowledge. Maybe it's the hip hop beefs you miss when SS is down.

• I played a lot of internet backgammon. That shit is awesome. I'm taking on all comers (no ayo).

Yahoo is a good site for backgammon. I used to play all the time but I can't pull it off at work. I am starting a backgammon club in Richmond VA if anyone lives in the area and wants to play send me a PM.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    smoked alot in an act of depression

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Hid

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I realized I've turned into a real strutter as I visited the-breaks and the STMB and laughed at every post. My favorite was on the-breaks in a post titled 'most expensive record you've ever seen' and someone replied with a $25 Digable Planets 12". I almost, almost jumped out the window.

Glad to be back...

DJ Ferrari

• Surfed the web for infopinions on the "cartoon wars of 2006" and I was rocked between being a straight up neo-con to conspiracy thinker to multiculturalist. Now I'm back to being lost in the guagmire which is the reality of human relationships and competing human ideas and am not sure what to think anymore 'cause I don't want to side with people I normally don't agree with. I asked an Australian friend and confessed political correct minority advocate to be my personal censor for a while.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Did anyone else live their record covers?