What grade of gas do you put in your car?

BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I use unleaded. If there was something cheaper, like "practically unleaded" or "leaded", I would use that.how about you? Any real diesel headz in the house?

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Anything siphonable.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Anything siphonable.

I trust you stole your siphoning hose?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Anything siphonable.

they sell them?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    real men make their own siphoning hose

I've heard tale of a certain director making them out of the carcass of a polar bear

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Anything siphonable.

they sell them?

it was a trick question. Looks like your story holds up.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Petrol flavour

• Anything siphonable.

Was that you? My gas WAS siphoned a few months ago. I filled it up and a day later it ran out of gas. I'm living with an unlocked gas tank so it's amazing that it only happened once. I keep a few gallons in the trunk just in case.

Don't get any ideas.

• I keep a few gallons in the trunk just in case.

Orrrrr you could just take the cash that you spent on those extra gallons and buy an $8 locking gas cap. True, it's nothing phenomenal, but it's easier just to go to another car than try to break the shit off.

• I keep a few gallons in the trunk just in case.

Orrrrr you could just take the cash that you spent on those extra gallons and buy an $8 locking gas cap. True, it's nothing phenomenal, but it's easier just to go to another car than try to break the shit off.

It's actually 20 dollars for my model. What do I look like, a ???

• Nothing but the primo 93 octane, and if there was better, like in Japan where they have 101 I think, i'd use it.

• Options

K in Canada.

• VG+

• VG+

Dammit, I was just clicking on here to make that same joke...

god, i'm bored at work today.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I use unleaded. If there was something cheaper, like "practically unleaded" or "leaded", I would use that.

how about you? Any real diesel headz in the house?

I don't need gas but I can't go above 87mph otherwise it starts getting freaky.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Nothing but the primo 93 octane, and if there was better, like in Japan where they have 101 I think, i'd use it.

Co-sign foll! I think they have like 98 octane gas or something in Germany mane.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I have to use a 91 grade or better in my '92 Dodge Stealth. I really need to get a new car and not just because the water pump repair will cost me over $750. When the car was running, I was only getting 15-17mpg.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i have to buy the expensive shit... last summer i filled up on salt spring island, BC, and it was $68canadian. bike in the spring/summer will be a nice alternative, plus i get to work 5min faster on a bike. go figure.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    Shell Optimax unleaded. It's basically unleaded or diesel now over here in the UK.

98 Octane. 94p a litre (it's a quid a litre in some places). To save you the maths:

1 US gallon = 3.7854118 litres

94 UK pence = 1.64 USD

Round about $6.20 a gallon I reckon?

The cheapest stuff is 89-90p a litre.

Whaddya pay in the US?

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts
    I use unleaded. If there was something cheaper, like "practically unleaded" or "leaded", I would use that.

how about you?

Nothing but JP-9 for my Gulfstream V, Batches.

• I usually put in Birthday grade. It gets me to Chicago in 10 minutes flat.

Plaese to put that in todaye and get here for party happen.

HAPPY BIRFDAY HOMIE!