europhon library records

johnny_ruhbarbjohnny_ruhbarb 95 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
I bougt one the other day, for 15 dollors, and it??s relly fucking great. ( it??s my firs library record ) Do anyboddy know anything about the label? Is it rare? how is it compered to other library lables? I cant rember the artists name im at work right now, but i can post it tomorrow. all i know is that is a german lable, and the cover is really ugly.

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    dudio, your english sucks more than mine!

• this is how it looks, but it??s not the same artist.

any knowledge about the lable?

• im a bitch at spelling...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    It's a rare, but not yet sought-after library label. Some nice records. Best ones by Gert Wilden, Ambros Seelos and Frank Pleyer. My favorite is a Europhon by Frank Pleyer with great Hammond B3 sound. Tough basslines and some nice Soul tunes. There are some cheesy moments too though. I guess that's why most people are turned off by Europhon. Every Europhon library has cheesy moments.

• okay, thanks. I think it is a frank player record i got? I have to get som more library music.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    the frank pleyer i mean is #521. did you buy that one?

• I cant rember. I dont have the record with me, but i will let you know to morrow. The 2 opening track are super funky, with nice bass lines and cool organ. Then it goes in to som nice bossanova tracks. In general it??s a nice record.

• okay, thanks. I think it is a frank player record i got? I have to get som more library music.

I have to get rid of some of my library music and get something else. Do you have any good trades?

I have to get rid of some of my library music and get something else. Do you have any good trades?

I dont know, not really not at this point. What are you interested in? no rare stuff that i know of, maybe som danish records? But i would like to buy some, can you PM me a list? I will be on holyday the next week, but i will contact you when i get back.

• the frank pleyer i mean is #521. did you buy that one?

Yes it is the # 521.

ahh du er dansker ik? s?? er du nok ikke interesseret danske ting? men detkan godt v??re jeg har et eller andet vi kan bytte med? vi m?? lige se? jeg skriver n??r jeg kommer hjem fra ferie...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    the frank pleyer i mean is #521. did you buy that one?

Yes it is the # 521.

Nice one. You should keep it. It's very good. Did you read the stuff on the back side? Trying to sound like Jimmy Smith etc?