Top Ten Blunted Jazz Beats

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
10 best hip hop instrumentals to light a century to..1. ghetto concept- ez on the motion2. reflection eternal- 2000 seasons3. black moon- ni*uz talk shit4. boulevard connection- haagen-daz5. showbiz &ag- next level (remix)6. slum village- vol one intro7. choclair- twenty one years8. quasimoto- blitz9. pete rock- nothing lesser10. souls- tell me who profits

Comments

• why couldn't you post this when the East Coast was still at their day jobs?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    why couldn't you post this when the East Coast was still at their day jobs?

don't worry, they'll see this for sure

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    tis for the four a clock in the morning blunt fiends...

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    a couple favorites:

Shades of Brooklyn - Change
    Pete Rock and CL - Worldwide
    Gangstarr - '92 Interlude

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    Pete Rock & CL Smooth "The Basement"

raekwon- incarcerated scarfaces

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    D4L
    or anything by Trap Squad, David Banner, or Ying Yang twins

zing

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

Cypress Hill "Illusions"

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Snoop Dogg - Lodi Dodi

I always thought that beat was seriously out there. Made me feel high just listening to it.

Post-edit: I guess this doesn't count 'cause it's not "jazz", but it's very "blunted" (which is definitely in my top ten list of worst adjectives).

Snoop Dogg - Lodi Dodi

I always thought that beat was seriously out there. Made me feel high just listening to it.

Post-edit: I guess this doesn't count 'cause it's not "jazz", but it's very "blunted" (which is definitely in my top ten list of worst adjectives).

you know, when i was younger and i used to mess with the sizzurp, once i had that track on repeat for about two hours man.
    i know there was a thread on this but i missed it. music sounds good on the sirup, i can see why people mess with it. but that shit lasts forever, don't take it late nights. i will never do that shit again, last time i did it a couple of years ago, i came home and the walls were caving in on me and i had wack loops stuck in my head all night. kinda like that beat on the new j dilla- factory, playing endlessly... definitely not a good experience. i can laugh about it now.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Main Source - 'What You Need'

Nice & Smooth - Blunts

These are wicked ill sick fresh blunted uber jazzy dope beats.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Snoop Dogg - Lodi Dodi

you know, when i was younger and i used to mess with the sizzurp, once i had that track on repeat for about two hours man.
    i know there was a thread on this but i missed it. music sounds good on the sirup, i can see why people mess with it. but that shit lasts forever, don't take it late nights. i will never do that shit again, last time i did it a couple of years ago, i came home and the walls were caving in on me and i had wack loops stuck in my head all night. kinda like that beat on the new j dilla- factory, playing endlessly... definitely not a good experience. i can laugh about it now.

Seriously.

What is sizzurp/sirup?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Snoop Dogg - Lodi Dodi

Seriously.

What is sizzurp/sirup?

there was a thread about this a while back... Phil started it... use the SEARCH hommie... + hit me up about that Superstition joint...

peace.

• blaz, you are killing me right now. You keep talking about blunted jazz beats but then you go drop hip hop tracks! Where are the prunes? DJ Smash? Nightmares on Wax? Up, Bustle and Out? Fat Jazzy Grooves?

where's DJ Anna when we need her? She was the queen of this stuff back in college.

• Shades of Brooklyn - Change

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    A favorite of mine. The whole thing is pretty blunty.

• A favorite of mine. The whole thing is pretty blunty.

Always dug the DJ Cam "DJ Kicks" album as well.

Cam's "Mad Blunted Jazz" would definitely fit the bill of the original question posed.

• Cam's "Mad Blunted Jazz" would definitely fit the bill of the original question posed.

sayin tho!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

this is a great track but how is it blunted jazz?

more like DJ Cam, hed phone sex, etc..

hiphop that sounds good while you're stoned doesn't equal blunted jazz

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

of course it does...

the sample's from war's platinum jazz record. isn't it? i just had to rep the rza, although his style is definitely more blunted soul.

blaz, you are killing me right now. You keep talking about blunted jazz beats but then you go drop hip hop tracks! Where are the prunes? DJ Smash? Nightmares on Wax? Up, Bustle and Out? Fat Jazzy Grooves?

where's DJ Anna when we need her? She was the queen of this stuff back in college.

oh ok.. that's a whole nother thread however. i was never into dj cam, at all, i thought his beats were really simple just loops and shit... nightmares on wax were alright, i used to check for mo wax joints. dj smash, i never heard of him.

there was a dude called dj shuriken, he did this one joint i liked back in the day, it had the chuck jackson drums and some george benson samples over the top then i never heard from him again.

of course it does...

the sample's from war's platinum jazz record. isn't it? i just had to rep the rza, although his style is definitely more blunted soul.

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts

hey i'm just a eastern european beat head. i smoked a blunt once and i've been stuck in 93 ever since.
    actually i rarely smoke blunts these days. back in 96-98 when the east coast underground was still kickin i used to smoke 3-4 centurys a day (thats why i still associate it with blunts). definitely not good for you.. don't do it kids.

hey i'm just a eastern european beat head. i smoked a blunt once and i've been stuck in 93 ever since.
    actually i rarely smoke blunts these days. back in 96-98 when the east coast underground was still kickin i used to smoke 3-4 centurys a day (thats why i still associate it with blunts). definitely not good for you.. don't do it kids.

oH ok, I get it...

Here's my recc for ya then..

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

• or: early Krush, like strictly turntablized

or: the entire Headz 2 compilation, 1996, Mo Wax