Dustyt Groove (record review related)

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
So, these two listings appear side by side in today's new lsitings:Doug Carn -- Revelation (original pressing) . . . LP . . . $36.99 (Item: 4621)Black Jazz, 1973 Condition: Very Good View Cart Perhaps the hardest to find[/b] of the Doug Carn LPs on Black Jazz -- and a real killer all the way through! The album's a motherlode of righteous jazzy soul -- power-driven by Doug on organ, and peppered wonderfully with vocals by then-wife Jean Carn -- singing in a totally different mode than on her later Philly Soul recordings. The rest of the group includes some great work from Olu Dara on trumpet and Rene McLean on alto -- and the album includes Doug's great reading of "Naima", plus the cuts "Power & Glory", "Feel Free", "Jihad", "Fatherhood", and "God is One". (Cover has light edge wear & ringwear.) (From the Jazz LP (A-D) page.)Doug Carn -- Spirit Of The New Land (original pressing) . . . LP . . . $39.99 (Item: 5382)Black Jazz, 1972 Condition: Very Good+ View Cart Perhaps the hardest to find[/b] of the 3 Doug Carn LPs for Black Jazz, and one of his best collaborations with wife Jean Carn. The groove is the same as his other 2 LPs for the label, with good pounding rhythmic organ lines, sweeping spiritual arrangements, and Jean's beautiful voice singing out loud and clear. Tracks include "New Moon", "Trance Dance", "My Spirit", "Blue In Green", and "Arise & Shine". (Cover has an ink stamp and a bit of pen on the back.)

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    they do say perhaps...

• speaking of dusty groove, i recently bough a "Very Good+" record from them, with the only details in the description being "light ring wear", that turned out to have seams at the top completely split save for an inch, as well as seams at the bottom split at both ends as well. they offered a refund, but don't refund shipping, plus you have to spend 5 bucks to ship it back to them in the first place.

• "would make a good play copy"

• "a steppers classic!"

• "VG+"

• "we rarely see it in this condition!"

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Can I play?

"a bit of pen"

SG

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    "Absolutely STUNNING!" b/w "In great shape too!"

• FUCK DustyGroove. Last time I ordered a record from them they sent me a RE-PRESS
    and then tried to tell me that that was what I ordered, then told me I had to pay
    shipping both ways to return it.

Those dudes need to chiggity check themselves...

I been on a boycott ever since