SEGREGATION

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
them ACLU hippies are all pissed cuz LA county seperates their inmates by race when theres a prison riot. but i then i was thinking "what does the ACLU know? im taking this one to soulstrut!" LA Times article DISCUSS

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i think they should segregate them by height. or by "tops" and "bottoms" in the prison sex food chain. By the dead and the living.

• by "tops" and "bottoms" in the prison sex food chain.

you sadistic mother effer!

• what up shig. From the cats I ahve talked to that have been in there, its all racially divided anyway. Every race sticks with their own and alot of the violence from what they said is racially motivated. So it would make sense that if violence was going down they would seperate by race to get shit calmed down...

one of the guys working at the studio up the street from the shop had a pretty interesting story thoguh. He just got out about a month or so ago. While in prison he formed an inter-racial band and they would practice daily and once a week they would perform for the other inmates. He said initially the band members caught flack from their respective groups but once they started performing and givng the other inmates something to look forward to, whatever beef there was died. He said he had straight up Nazi KKK dudes with big Swastikas tattooed on their forhead in the badn with him and latinos... I can only imagine what that looked like.

• awesome story. i love how music brings folks together.

but yeah, im with the sherrifs dept on this one. dude is just trying to save lives. sure segregation sucks, but the alternative is a lot of dead folks. and the aclu is wrong in this case.

• what happens if your mixed, black/ latin, white/black etc...middle-eastern ?

if michael jackson ever goes to jail...what race will claim ownership

time to watch oz

• [guzzo]what does the ACLU know? im taking this one to soulstrut![/guzzo]

• [guzzo]what does the ACLU know? im taking this one to soulstrut![/guzzo]

HIP HOP[/b]

• hey marco, have you seen that gibson guitar ad on tv? yeah, gibson has a guitar ad on tv and its these ethnic punjabis and it looks like there's a queen or something and she's trying to impress her man and nothing will impress him until some other dude is playing a les paul gibson and the dude gives the raised eyebrow approval. its a really dumb commercial just wondering what you thought of that.

[guzzo]DISCUSS 1-5000[/guzzo]

• hey marco, have you seen that gibson guitar ad on tv? yeah, gibson has a guitar ad on tv and its these ethnic punjabis and it looks like there's a queen or something and she's trying to impress her man and nothing will impress him until some other dude is playing a les paul gibson and the dude gives the raised eyebrow approval. its a really dumb commercial just wondering what you thought of that.

I haven't seen it, but I own a Gibson SG. So I'll put in a vote for "ACCEPTABLE ETHNIC PANJABI AD" unless there's no hot chicks in it, in which case I'm calling the ACLU.

I haven't seen it, but I own a Gibson SG. So I'll put in a vote for "ACCEPTABLE ETHNIC PANJABI AD" unless there's no hot chicks in it, in which case I'm calling the ACLU.

just had some delicious Indian pizza last night.

hey marco have you read "Desis in the House: Indian American Youth Culture in New York City (2002)" by UC Davis Professor Sunaina Maira?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

uthapam?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    all i know is HJ was watching one of those fashion makeover shows last night and there was some indian chick on there who talked like Fargo. She sounded like a 60 year old white lady, but she was 24 i think.

damn, her voice was irritating.

• just had some delicious Indian pizza last night.

uthapam?

no YOU da man. It was at Zante's on Mission in good 'ol SF.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

uthapam?

no YOU da man. It was at Zante's on Mission in good 'ol SF.

that made me laugh. i am still laughing.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    but yeah, im with the sherrifs dept on this one. dude is just trying to save lives. sure segregation sucks, but the alternative is a lot of dead folks. and the aclu is wrong in this case.
    I agree with you on that but it's really only a short term solution and if anything, it makes it worse in the long run. I ain't pretending to have a solution but to me it seems like segregating the prisoners might stop violence for a while but the tension will still build.

• but yeah, im with the sherrifs dept on this one. dude is just trying to save lives. sure segregation sucks, but the alternative is a lot of dead folks. and the aclu is wrong in this case.
    I agree with you on that but it's really only a short term solution and if anything, it makes it worse in the long run. I ain't pretending to have a solution but to me it seems like segregating the prisoners might stop violence for a while but the tension will still build.

oh great, way to reel it back in.

but yup, i agree. LA isnt really known to look at the big picture though. of course, that is a really complex and difficult "big picture" to try and tackle so props to whoever does it.

goddammit. i just said "props"

on a related note, has anyone ever had pizza in japan? they fuck that shit up. i had a squid corn and kewpie mayonnaise pizza at a japanese pizza chain called "strawberry cones". that shit was disgusting.

• He said he had straight up Nazi KKK dudes with big Swastikas tattooed on their forhead in the badn with him and latinos... I can only imagine what that looked like.

Wow, cool stuff. Just curious. Is your friend black? I ask because the Aryan Brohood and La Eme (mexican mafia) have been known to work together, and share a racist attitude towards blacks in general. Just wondering because it would be cool to end that racial beef, but they in prison. I don't see it changing anytime soon..

• hey marco have you read "Desis in the House: Indian American Youth Culture in New York City (2002)" by UC Davis Professor Sunaina Maira?

Sounds familiar. I think I read some of it online awhile back.

My friends and I were in the Lower East Side this weekend to get some Indian food and some guy outside of an Indian joint yelled at us "COME INSIDE! FREE WINE! COME IN!" Meanwhile two dudes in suits in the Indian joint above the first one were waving that guy off and yelling at us "NO COME IN HERE! IT'S BETTER! COME IN! COME IN!" We went into the first place and the food was off the hook. But the free wine was white so I didn't drink it. For dessert my homegirl asked for galab jaman. When they never brought it and set down ice cream and custard for everyone instead, she asked the waiter where was her galab jaman. Dude was like "we don't have any but the ice cream is free" and walked off. We all had full course meals with appetizers, drinks, dessert and bread and got out of there for $10/person. I love New York.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    How is it that I choose to Ignore Shig, When we see each other he quiets down, but yet I stil l gotta catch dude trying to say shit.

I turn men on in mysterious ways I suppose

• yes. i like small penis and shitty records.

ahahahahahaha

• How is it that I choose to Ignore Shig, When we see each other he quiets down, but yet I stil l gotta catch dude trying to say shit.

Perhaps you should also threaten to go upside his head with a bat. Worked on Crink, right?

• He said he had straight up Nazi KKK dudes with big Swastikas tattooed on their forhead in the badn with him and latinos... I can only imagine what that looked like.

Wow, cool stuff. Just curious. Is your friend black? I ask because the Aryan Brohood and La Eme (mexican mafia) have been known to work together, and share a racist attitude towards blacks in general. Just wondering because it would be cool to end that racial beef, but they in prison. I don't see it changing anytime soon..

yeh he's black, which is what made it that much more interesting... Furthermore, because he did that he didn't have to watch his back as much because he was the "music man" so to speak.

The whole racial segregation on the guards part is due to the fact that that's how the society works on the inside. You don't really have a choice once you are in there. Seperating by race just stops the fire at hand, each time it pops off. I agree it's a much bigger issue, but until the powers at be realize putting drug abusers in with violent criminals and actually rehabilitate prisoners as well as prosecute offenders fairly (ie. the poorer you are the less chance you have of getting any kind of leniency) and some huge social issues in the "free" world are addressed, the society and the way it operates on the inside won't be changing any time soon.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    You see the Whites got a thing
    The call White pride
    The Blacks got the muscle
    Mexicans got the knives
    You better be wise
    You wanna stay alive
    And I ask myself again
    Who has the power
    The Whites? The Blacks?
    Or just the gun tower

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    How is it that I choose to Ignore Shig, When we see each other he quiets down, but yet I stil l gotta catch dude trying to say shit.

Perhaps you should also threaten to go upside his head with a bat. Worked on Crink, right?

Nah, I really don't hate shig. I just found him to be annoying, untrustworthy and I hate the fact that he decided to become a shit talker based on nothing but hear-say. But hey it showed his character and its better that I found what kind of person he is now as opposed to later.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

*** You are ignoring this user ***

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

*** You are ignoring this user ***

been using that, the thing is, it doesn't ignore whats in quotes.

The battle lives on...