Are the Steelers gay?

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
Linebacker Joey Porter is being quoted at ESPN.com as saying, in reference to his opponents in this sunday's super bowl, ""We're going to try to tap out as many people as we can, I'm going to put it like that". Dawg, Let me be the first to say, "AYO"

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Yes.

• um, i think he was trying to say its gonna be a BLOODBATH.

i mean seriously dude. you guys have a good team too and everything, but stacked up against steelers, you're looking like a bunch of panzies.

bring it on, i ain't afraid a no seagulls!!

• Options

Many are.

K.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    most certainly. haven't you seen that simpson's episode where inside every steel mill, they bust out the discoball and get down like the village people when the break bell rings? yeah, they are... and shawn's gonna be stoked 'cause i read that big ben's a bottom.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    It's the beard that gives it away.

• Options
    I suprised the girl doesn't have one. ISn't Rothlisberger like 6'6" mid 200's?

K.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

"dooood... one more scotchgard shot... dooooooood!"

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    most certainly. haven't you seen that simpson's episode where inside every steel mill, they bust out the discoball and get down like the village people when the break bell rings? yeah, they are... and shawn's gonna be stoked 'cause i read that big ben's a bottom.

That surprised me too. I had no idea steel workers rolled like that.

In other gay news, I know there's always been talk about John Legend's sexual orientation. Well, in the paper today there was a life magazine with photos of some young musicians and their parents. John Legend's mom was quoted as saying that if John "doesn't get married" he needs to know how to cook and do laundry. Now I don't want to read too much into this, but why would a handsome musician who is nominated for a bunch of Grammys not be able to find a very beautiful wife? Makes you wonder...

That surprised me too. I had no idea steel workers rolled like that.

In other gay news, I know there's always been talk about John Legend's sexual orientation. Well, in the paper today there was a life magazine with photos of some young musicians and their parents. John Legend's mom was quoted as saying that if John "doesn't get married" he needs to know how to cook and do laundry. Now I don't want to read too much into this, but why would a handsome musician who is nominated for a bunch of Grammys not be able to find a very beautiful wife? Makes you wonder...
    maybe he's holding out for his place on the steelers?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    And in other football news, Brian Urlacher drinks wine coolers.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Yes they are gay.....Not that theres anything wrong with that.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    joey porter would fuckin woop your ass if you called him gay

joey porter would fuckin woop your ass if you called him gay
    "you can't handle the truth!"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Look, I'm a football fan and all, but you guys
    do know that like at least half of those dudes
    are gay, right? I thought that shit was common knowledge -
    like Pro Wrestling.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

Many are.

K.

Is this as good as i hear?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    BTW I think we've found the perfect person for our "I'd Tap" graemlin.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I am very worried about my Seahawks. I have been sitting at home recently, in my Steve Largent throwback jersey, just tied in knots. Even though I consider myself the biggest Seahawks fan in Chicago (not really a stretch), I keep coming back to the conclusion that the game will not work out in our favor. Two reasons why I doubt the outcome of the game (and not necessarily the performance of my team):

1: Fan Support.[/b] The 12th Man will not be there. Face it, folls: this crowd will be 3 quarters to 4/5ths Stiller fans. The Terrible Towel wielders are known to travel, and the Detroit-to-Pittsburgh trek is hardly epic (less than 4 hours and 300 miles by car).
    A story: On my sole visit to Qwest Field (Then called Seahawks Stadium), the Steelers were in town. There were several hundred (/ thousand?) Black-and-Golders that came as well, and were notably vocal and supportive (and louder than ours, it seemed). Seattle won the contest, but the Steeler fans - in the midst of a losing season - made an impression on me that day. For a western outpost like Seattle, there were just so many there.
    And if there IS such a thing as temporary fan transplant (at least enough for a fan to buy $$$ SB tickets in one's own city), and Detroit hasn't sniffed a Championship since the Hoover Administration (really, only Eisenhower's), then the Lions fans will be rooting for the team from the city that most resembles theirs. Not to mention the whole "Mama Bettis" factor.

2: Momentum and Timing.[/b] After knocking down the top three seeds in the AFC - on the road - the Steelers are going to finish out the season playing with downhill force in a veritable home game that will resemble an ugly Detroit/Pittsburgh incest fest. Seattle has not played a single significant team on the road this year, much less in the playoffs. Additionally, Holmgren's Seahawks are historically shaky coming off bye weeks, and although they have won both games after a bye this year (and these are not the Same Old Seahawks anymore), they sure looked shaky in the Playoffs against O-less Washington. Seattle thrives on rhythm and ball control, and the Steelers have made offensive disruption their defensive hallmark. Remember Manning running for his life and the Kitna and Plummer gaffes? I understand that Seattle's O-line is the best in the league and equally good at pass- and run-blocking, but I think QB hurries and receiver jams will be the issue here, and not sacks, per se.

• Name-calling is a sign of fear. Face it, all you Seahawk fans are scared shitless that your team is going to be humiliated this Sunday. Get ready for total Steeler domination!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

Is this a seamless Photoshop??? job or is dude flexible enough to keep his leg up like that...

PS

Get ready for total Steeler domination!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    PS

Whoa! T, you're a sports fan now?!?!

Most superbowls are blowouts, and boring games to boot. Only one team in this contest is prepared for this calibre of play.

Seattle 34
    Pittsburgh 10

You heard it here first.

Dan

I said it once, I'll say it a million times...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I saw Pittsburgh play this year in Baltimore. Granted they were playing Tommmy Maddox but trust me they do not have enough O to compete with Seattle on any level. THe only chance the Stiller's have is if they can get to Hasselback. Dan's right. Seahens by two scores.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    all i have to say is, dick lebeau

hasselbeck isnt doin shit tomorrow.

and if you saw the steelers with tommy maddox, that doesnt count. tommy maddox is the worst qb ever

• all i have to say is, dick lebeau
    [/b]

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Face it, all you Seahawk fans are scared shitless that your team is going to be humiliated this Sunday. Get ready for total Steeler domination!

No. The fear-of-humiliation factor is past; I tossed it in the trash can when we murdered the Panthers. I'm not worried about being humbled; I'm concerned about losing what I believe should be a close contest.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    tommy maddox is the worst qb ever

I think we're forgetting some recent history:

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Is this a seamless Photoshop??? job or is dude flexible enough to keep his leg up like that...

Haven't you heard of Buddy Stretches???? Ever played a sport in HS or college?