Anybody know anything about this LP?

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
TRINDADE OST MOVIE Songs by Luiz Keller, Watel Blanco, Joyce, Nivaldo Ornellas, Egberto Gismonti, Novelli, Hermeto Paschoal, Sapaim, Edson Maciel, Mestre di Mola, Marcos Resende, Luiz Claudio, Franklin, Aldir Blanc, Wagner Tiso.Attention: We are offering THE ORIGINAL 1st Press TAPECAR COPY,NOT the 2nd pressing on Som Livre label!Featuring:Hermeto Paschoal, Egberto Gismonti, Jo??o Donato, Wagner Tiso, Nivaldo Ornellas, Novelli, Luiz Claudio, Franklin, Frederyko, Paulinho Braga, Luiz Alves, Jamil Joanes, Edson Maciel, Chico Batera, Jane Duboc, Joyce, Tuti Moreno, Watel Blanco, Mauro Senise, Toninho Horta, Luiz Keller, Robertinho Silva, Heraldo do Monte, Itiber??, Cacau, Claudio Gabis, Oberdan Magalh??es, Marcelo Salazar, Jorge Degas, Pascoal Meireles and others.

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Claudio Gabis

I can tell you Claudio Gabis was an argentinian psych guitar player, member of "La Pesada". He moved to Brazil in the 70's, that explains his presence on this OST.

• Claudio Gabis

I can tell you Claudio Gabis was an argentinian psych guitar player, member of "La Pesada". He moved to Brazil in the 70's, that explains his presence on this OST.

I wonder if its any good. It has a lot of names on it, but I'm always weary of LPs that only have 2 or 3 songs on a side. I never went in for that long hippy-psych stuff.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I never went in for that long hippy-psych stuff.

Man, there's Egberto Gismonti, Jo??o Donato, Wagner Tiso...how hippy-psychy could this get? But it's definitely mid-70's, I thought you were a late 60's man.

• Time marches on.

• I mean, how many "one note sambas" can one man take.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I mean, how many "one note sambas" can one man take.

I don't know, YOU're are the crazy-ass brazilian collector

But I see you are running out of records. Soap opera and soundtracks? Next thing you know you will be after Escolas do Samba records....

• I love those soundtrack LPs. Milito and Quarteto Forma stuff. They have just the right amount of goofiness and remind me of stuff like "Love American Style" if anyone remembers that one. But I have been told that I should just give-up and start listening to elevator music from several record store owners.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    yes, give up and sell me your merielles e os copa 5 records......

I don't know about this particular one but these soap opera sdtrks are very hit and miss. Listen before you buy. Albeit if it's on tapecar, then it's usually laaaar.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

" Does this have "Girl from Emphysmia" on it?"[/b]