jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
That shit is

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I am not knowing. please to upload mp3.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    That "Corazon" song is trash.

Is the rest of the album better than that?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I don't have the song I just heard it on the radio. Sorry

I think it's called Back Sweat

It is IMO

• He's the musical guest on SNL this wk, I think.

• He's also supposed to be the "special guest" tonight at the Tamar show @ Nokia Theatre in Times Square.

My mistake. It's called Black Sweat

• Is it fire?? I dunno, I guess that's a matter of personal opinion. It *is* the closest to the old nasty funky Prince that I've heard in a long long time. I dig the song but I've only heard it a couple times so it's still sinking in. Musically though I love it, beats the fuck out of the first single he released, as somebody already mentioned. "Black Sweat" ain't no cheesy love song. Actually, this kind of reminds me of something off the Black Album, that kind of nasty funk.

A friend sent me the mp3 today, so now I share with everybody:

http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0T5TORWJY6GPA1IWR4DXFDXAZI

• It's okay but certainly not fire.

It's all relative. Compared to vintage Prince and his best stuff, probably not. Compared to the shit Prince was putting out from 1996-2003 or so? FIRE. It was seriously depressing being a Prince fan from 1996-2003.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    while watching that fine ass girl from his new video get freaky w/ wendy, true bliss...

Wut it do on a .jpg?

I'm not knowing the deal.

SG

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Bwaaah!

I

it's all based/focused on the drums and 95% of the time they suck!

And this time, I think {that's my point of view} the drums are really bad.

But that shit will meet his public {in the club}

I'm out.

B.

PS/ Tell Prince I got fat drums for him to play guitar on 'em,

and say "ooOOoohh!" like if someone was rubbing his ass hole.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

It's okay but certainly not fire.

it's aaiight...it's prince in the 06 (am i the only 1 to hear a fair share of neptunism in there or am i just totally off-track?)

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    am i the only 1 to hear a fair share of neptunism in there or am i just totally off-track?

Nah! I can hear that shit too.

• am i the only 1 to hear a fair share of neptunism in there or am i just totally off-track?

Nah! I can hear that shit too.

On the contrary, you hear a lot of Prince in the Neptunes. I mean, shit, listen to stuff like "Nasty Girl" by Vanity 6 and tell me stuff like that didn't influence the Neptunes at all. I mean, I hear some Linn Drum in this new song and Prince was the first to use that, literally.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Vocal is Great...but the drums really are a bit soft...Neptunes comment was apt.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    On the contrary, you hear a lot of Prince in the Neptunes.

cosign, shit is

Ok so I was watching 4 auctions of this 12" on ebay. All set to end sunday or monday. I go on ebay now and the auctions have dissapeared!! WTF!!

Has this ever happened to anyone???

I've see single auctions get pulled, but never multiples from different sellers.

Plaese to explain.

• Ok so I was watching 4 auctions of this 12" on ebay. All set to end sunday or monday. I go on ebay now and the auctions have dissapeared!! WTF!!

Has this ever happened to anyone???

I've see single auctions get pulled, but never multiples from different sellers.

Plaese to explain.

yes, it pissed me off too. I save (ended) watched auctions to use as a "measuring stick" for how much a lp goes for. It deleted those and the ones I was currently watching. It must have some reset thing that wipes out everthing after a set period of time

• promos remain property of the record company, i guess they can use that to make ebay end auctions early.
    of course they don't usually bother.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

bapt was on point about the drums.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    that song is fu**ing terrible. Worst thing I heard in a while. Fuck the modern times. Pure shit!!!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Prince will be performing on SNL tonight, FYI.