3 New Mixes from The Rub for Download

ayresayres 1,452 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.lemon-red.org/mix/2006/02-06-therub.htmlCosmo Baker Mixhttp://www.lemon-red.org/mix/2006/cosmo.htmlDedicated to the memory of Minnie Riperton.01: Graham Crackers Intro02: Rhymefest "Dynomyte (Going Postal)"03: Scarface feat. The Game "Never Snitch"04: Juelz Santana "Clockwork"05: Brandy "Who Is He To You" (Filthy Remix #1)06: RJD2 "2 More Dead" (Cosmo Baker Re-edit)07: Black Rob "Warrior"08 The D.O.C. "It's Getting Funky" (Cosmo Baker Irish Cream Remix)09: Foster Sylvers "Misdemeanor" (Danny Krivit Re-edit)10: Sugar Billy Garner "I Got Some"11: Jay-Z "P.S.A." (Cosmo Baker B.Y.S. Mix)12: Missy Elliott "Get Your Freak On" (Scott Melker Yellow Bottle Mix)13: Aaliyah "Rock The Boat" (Pase Rock's Play Mix)14: Consequence "Caught Up In The Hype"15: Mustang "Help Me" (DJ Mitsu Remix)16: Orchestre Du Bawobab "Kelen Ati Len"17: The Sylvers "Stay Away From Me"18: Ghostface Killah "Be Easy"19: The Flaming Ember "Gotta Get Away"20: Yummy Bingham "Is It Good To You"21: Christina Milian feat. Young Jeezy "Say I"22: The Jackson Five "I Want You Back" (Hai Karate Remix)23: Stevie Wonder "Positivity" (Mark Ronson 68 Remix) DJ Ayres Mixhttp://www.lemon-red.org/mix/2006/ayres.html1. The Gaturs - Gator Bait2. Sapodilla Punch - Hold On I'm Coming3. KC & the Sunshine Band - Boogie Down4. Poison Clan - Low Life Muthafuckas5. Rodney O & Joe Cooley - Cooley High6. Geto Boys - Do It Like A G.O.7. Cameo - Rigor Mortis8. Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine9. KC & the Sunshine Band - Boogie Shoes10. Mass Production - Firecracker11. Clyde Alexander & Sanction - Got to Get Your Love12. Vernon Burch - Get On Up13. The Beginning of the End - Funky Nassau14. Rod Lee - Where You From15. Notorious BIG - Live at Madison Square Garden16. Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up (DJ Ayres remix)17. Tela f. Bun B - P.I.M.P.18. Dem Franchise Boys - I Think They Like Me vs Bun B - Draped Up (DJ Ayres remix)19. Youngbloodz f. Big Boi- 85 DJ Eleven Mixhttp://www.lemon-red.org/mix/2006/eleven.html1. Tristan Palmer ??? Cuss Cuss2. King King ??? Rumble Jumble Life3. Shinehead ??? Promises4. Capelton ??? A Good Woman Never Stray5. Capelton ??? Never Let Them Get You Down6. Buju Banton ??? Nah Live Too Right7. Warrior King ??? Never Go Where The Pagans Go8. Norris Man ??? She Never Knew It9. Singer J ??? Hush I Love You10. Turbulence ??? We Must Mek It11. Chucky Star ??? Love People Need Today12. Tanya Stephens ??? Can???t Help It13. Sizzla ??? The People Are Suffering14. Luciano ??? Let Your Life Be Right15. Capelton ??? Tell Me That You Love Me16. Warrior King ??? Can???t Get Me Down17. Junior Kelly ??? Jam For A While18. I-Wayne ??? Don???t Worry19. Anthony B ??? No Hush20. AJ Brown ??? New Love21. Sizzla ??? Love The Life You Live22. George Nooks ??? Father Help Me Today23. Anthony B ??? Woman Love Vanity24. Jimmy London ??? I???m Your Puppet25. Ken Boothe ??? Everything I Own

Comments

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    dopeness!! thanks for this.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    you're welcome

• i am listening to and loving cosmo's mix now. thanks so much!

A++++

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    This shit is bananans. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

• i'm enjoying the hell out of this ayres mix right about now.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Much appreciated. This is going to make the train ride home so much less painful tonight.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    i'm enjoying the hell out of this ayres mix right about now.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Thanks for these guys! Loading up yee old ipod right about now.

• hawt schiit.

A++++

where can i find this?

thanks for posting these urrrs, very nice.

A++++

where can i find this?

follow the link at the top of the page.

• i meant cosmo's love mix. i read "i am loving this mix" and got confused for a minute.

but that sanford pic reminds me of a show they do on wednesday nights on 92.3 here in chicago. the contestants answer questions "people should know in the streets" and if they get it wrong they get their choice of "fred" which consists of the plain audio of him saying "you big dummy" or you can opt for the juke version "you big dummy you big dummy you big dummy" (to the tune of "work it work it" and finally a chopped and screwed fred. pretty funny.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    i meant cosmo's love mix. i read i am loving this mix and somehow confised the two.

Not really a Minnie tribute, but dedicated to her. As for Love Jawn, that shit is up on my site, ese.

• thank you sir. i will be checking that out and putting it to good use this weekend.

• the juke version "you big dummy you big dummy you big dummy" (to the tune of "work it work it"

whoa. was that ever a dancemania release? i know someone did one with just the sanford & son theme sped up with 808s under it, probably on dancemania - and of course the MIA one with the "dummy" vocal, but the version you described sounds awesome.

• dont think there is a dance mania release with it, but i think nephets made the version they use. if there is a real release, i must find out and cop. i've heard the new one with the horns etc and i kinda like it.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The Baltimore version is by K.W. Griff on Quiet Records. I don't know if that's what you guys are referring to.

• thats the one, i should prolly get on that.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah. It's a Baltimore jawn. I'm not too familiar with Juke but I think it's usually like 20 or so BPM higher than your average Baltimore jawn (124-132 approximately I would say.)

That shit is classic knucklehead shit though seriously, but not my favorite jawn.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    All the MP3's tapped out? I'm listening to the uuuuurrrs mix right now and it's pretty much discouraging me from ever djing again. Thanks.