DESIGN PROGRAMS?

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited February 2006 in Strut Central
checking out the cd covers on most of these mixtapes you see everywhere. what is the most or best program to use when making these cd covers? i know a little about design and can probably do some of it myself or at least give it a try. i used quark ages ago and some photo shop. can some of you pro-design cats give me some help in this field. it doesn't have to be super expensive or real technical. i just want to work with something that can give me a good cover and then i can move to something better.ONE

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    checking out the cd covers on most of these mixtapes you see everywhere. what is the most or best program to use when making these cd covers? i know a little about design and can probably do some of it myself or at least give it a try. i used quark ages ago and some photo shop. can some of you pro-design cats give me some help in this field. it doesn't have to be super expensive or real technical. i just want to work with something that can give me a good cover and then i can move to something better.

ONE

Pretty simple homie. Photoshop and Illustrator will do you good.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Photoshop and Illustrator can do the trick. Even Microsoft Word or LE versions of Adobe can get the job done (depending on what you need).

I know people swear by Paint Shop Pro, etc too. Find what's intuitive to you and run with it.

If you need something more advanced go with InDesign, since you've had experience with Quark.

There are also a plethora of templates, etc out there to help you get your covers looking right.

Feel free to holler via PM if you have more questions.

-M