Wanted: Ebo Taylor

Opiated_BlackOpiated_Black 42 Posts
edited February 2006 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
S/T - Ebo Taylor on Essiebons (EBLS 6166)Serious wedge offered ($500+) for minimum EX+ copy.PM details.

Comments

• Options
    for minimum EX+ copy.

For any 70's African record on earth, this is asking a lot. Not that people with vg+ won't contact you...

Kevin in Canada.

P.S. That LP is

• Fully aware, hence the wedge if it's out there. I've had my luck in the past with clean copies of Nigerian and Ivory Coast joints.

• Options
    Many Boadie's floating around there?

K.

• absolute killer record, pure quality all the way through (funk & highlife) BUT is it really that rare ($500+) ? it's on essiebons... cheers

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i don't have the one you listed.

but i do have this one:

and quite love it.

unfortunately not for sale, not for any wedge.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I had the pleasure to briefly own Ebo's "My Life and Love" over the summer. Such a beautiful record, that I immediately recorded. Vinyl was VG+, cover was tattered and duct taped. If anyone has mp3s or cd's of any of Ebo's other LPs, plaese to swap with me.

• i don't have the one you listed.

but i do have this one:

and quite love it.

unfortunately not for sale, not for any wedge.

I'd be chuffed if you could sort me a CDR of that mate. I'll return the favour.

Looks nice and EX+ to me, whadya think K?

• Options
    Cover looks in great condition. Not the same LP vibe-wise.

K.

• I've just picked up an 'OG' of the Orchestra Bawobab LP that has the track 'Kelen' that Soundways have just reissued, which is surely the best out and out funk track I've heard from Africa - which is not saying a hell of alot as I don't know that much - but how does this Ebo rate in comparison? Does it hit hard or is it about a vibe? Either way, is there any chance I could do a CD trade to hear any Ebo?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I've just picked up an 'OG' of the Orchestra Bawobab LP that has the track 'Kelen' that Soundways have just reissued, which is surely the best out and out funk track I've heard from Africa - which is not saying a hell of alot as I don't know that much - but how does this Ebo rate in comparison? Does it hit hard or is it about a vibe? Either way, is there any chance I could do a CD trade to hear any Ebo?

don't forget to listen to the rest of the LP. which is gorgeous. it seems that sometimes the scramble for the funk tune skips over some truly mindblowing african music. Check the tune right after Kelen. i love bawobab- seen them play a few times and never disappointing.

opiatedblack- i don't have CDR capacity at this point, something i plan on working (i've been saying this for more than a year, but it needs to happen).

k- how is the sound different? i've never heard this other Ebo before, maybe just one track. the Pelikans LP that I own is really epic sounding stuff, really heavy, as a friend of mine put it while listening- music for the elders.

ps: my copy is stone mint.

• Don't forget to listen to the rest of the LP
    Will do. I definitely don't scramble just for funk, was just wondering re Ebo. Sounds amazing.

• ps: my copy is stone mint.