is THIS ebay shadiness? Advice needed

TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
So I found a nice priced DIGI 002 console. The price seems a little . I contacted the dude and this is the response I got. What do y'all think?Read BelowFirst I am going to tell you some things I think you should know before ending this deal.I travel a lot and now I am in Eastern Europe. The item is going to be shipped from Europe also.My item is brand new, unopened box all accessories included and also an international warranty.Now, I can ship through UPS air next day delivery. I will pay for all taxes. If you wish you can also send me your full shipping info so I can make a reservation on your name .The price of the item is 820$ (as I said earlier with shipping and insurance taxes included). I need some money as fast as possible so I am offering a 10 % discount if we end the deal in 12 hours.Here I am stuck to western union wire transfer.I can't use paypal because it's not available yet. Just because of this I set up an insurance with ebay which guaranties 100 % of this deal. If you wish I can contact eBay right away and have them send you an invoice with my insurance.If you agree on my terms I am sure we can close the deal right now.Please reply after you think it over.Best regards.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Sounds like bullshit to me, but what do I know?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    What country is dude in? Sounds shady. I would never buy any electronics from overseas.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    What country is dude in? Sounds shady. I would never buy any electronics from overseas the Eastern Bloc.

• RUN DO NOT WALK. Western Union is a red flag. Do not (wire transfer) tap.

• I need some money as fast as possible so I am
    offering a 10 % discount if we end the deal in 12 hours.

Here I am stuck to western union wire transfer.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    ehhh. $820 is too steep for a risk like this. And I hate all of that talk about "I'll be out of the area, blah blah blah" it seems shady (even if it is true). To me, what I really hear is: "I want you to think that I'll be out of the area so no one will reply to your angry emails about not getting your item".

• Thanks all. Being eastern european myself I should have been aware of our own shadiness. thanks to all once again. always help a dude out

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Being eastern european myself I should have been aware of our own shadiness.