Beck Guerro ?'s

KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Ok, I don't own this CD but I've heard "E-pro" on MTV, now my local weekley just reviewed this record and says this song sample the Beasties "So Whatch Want" does the CD jacket say that? Or is it not a sample of Zep's "Levie Breaks" drums? Anyone want to check the liner notes and see what the credit is, if there is one? Thanks.

Comments

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    CD credits it as a Beasties sample.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Ok, I don't own this CD but I've heard "E-pro" on MTV, now my local weekley just reviewed this record and says this song sample the Beasties "So Whatch Want" does the CD jacket say that? Or is it not a sample of Zep's "Levie Breaks" drums? Anyone want to check the liner notes and see what the credit is, if there is one? Thanks.

I haven't bought it yet, but it's definitely the Beastie Boys, no Levee sounding beats in that song.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    Yeah, I don't think the drums sound like Levee either. It's some rock break though I think. But arent the "Watchu Want" drums from Levee? And if so then what is the sample?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Yeah, I don't think the drums sound like Levee either. It's some rock break though I think. But arent the "Watchu Want" drums from Levee? And if so then what is the sample?

Half of the songs on Check Your Head[/b] were played by the band themselves, so I think that's an authentic Beastie played track, according to the video footage of them recording it.

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

Southside Movement, no?

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    It is the Baby Huey sample that was used on 'so whatca want'. And I guess they sampled a Beasties record in stead of the OG. And credited sampling the Beasties because they knew could get away with the sample clearance that way.

-k

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    It is the Baby Huey sample that was used on 'so whatca want'. And I guess they sampled a Beasties record in stead of the OG. And credited sampling the Beasties because they knew could get away with the sample clearance that way.

-k

^ The new game.

• this has just created more red tape to jump through if they were to get sued. very sneeky shit.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    this has just created more red tape to jump through if they were to get sued. very sneeky shit.

...and since Becks new album was produced by the Dust Brothers, they probably did not have to even pay for its usage(and certainly would not get sued by them). However, upon hearing how much of the sample they used on 'e-pro', I don't think think that they should have even bothered with a sample credit in the first place.

-k