Nasty Lodging Misadventures

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Hey,Man, I'm funny about where I lay my head, on some Adrian Monk shit (sorta). When I was a kid, my parents used to stay at relatives houses during visits. Inspired by the bathroom posts, some of my relatives had some FUCKED UP bathrooms. Later on in life, I've (unknowlingly) stumbled into some nasty hotel spots too. Here are some of the nasty highlights:1. My family went down to NC from Maryland (where we lived at the time) to visit relatives. My parents pulled us into my great aunt Queen Esther's (RIP) house. We were bringing our luggage in, and afterwards, I went to the bathroom. While taking a wizz, I looked at the bathtub and it had a thick, nasty-ass, black ring around it. Yuck!!!! Needless to say, I washed up at the sink for the whole stay.2. My family went up to Michigan (from Maryland) to see my grandma (mom's mom; RIP). After settling in, I had to go to the bathroom. Man, I saw soap scum, black-tub rings, and assorted nastiness. I put my 8-year old foot down on some, "Mom, I can't stay here" shit, "I'm going to stay over my aunt Ruby's house". My aunt's crib was nice and clean. Phew!!!!3. The wife and I headed over to Charlotte, NC (from butt-ass Wilmington) to spend the weekend. Our first stop was this Howard Johnson run by an Arab dude. Anyway, we got the room key and went to the room. First stop was the bathroom. Man, black soap scum and rust looking gunk on the bathroom caulking all over the bathroom. I went back up to the clerk, demanded that he credit my credit card, and broke out to the Marriot. The moral of the story is...pay a little extra for cleanliness and peace of mind.Great hotel tip for those lovers out there: If you ever go to the big island of Hawai'i, you gotta take your spouse to the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel Resort there. It'll cost a grip, but man, it's worth it. Wifey and I went on our late honeymoon (i.e., could afford one right after getting married, just finished grad school, broke-related). Best hotel stay ever!!!!!Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I was in Caracas last December and spent my first night in a hotel recommended to me by an acquaintance. The hotel was the sort of place that had been a swinging, chic spot about thirty years ago (when Caracas was a major stop for the jet set) but was now dilapidated and seedy. Sometimes there's charm in faded glory, particularly the Latin American variety, but not at this joint. The bathroom was flooded, the windows didn't close, and the kicker was finding six pairs of panties, in various states of cleanliness, throughout room. If it hadn't been in the wee hours of the morning, I would have left. Instead I got a half-decent anecdote.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Great hotel tip for those lovers out there: If you ever go to the big island of Hawai'i, you gotta take your spouse to the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel Resort there. It'll cost a grip, but man, it's worth it. Wifey and I went on our late honeymoon (i.e., could afford one right after getting married, just finished grad school, broke-related). Best hotel stay ever!!!!!

WHAT?!?!?!? I've been there!!! Hawai'i's High School Tennis State Finals 1996! I played on that center court! In front of 300 people. I reached the quarter finals. I hopped into the Jacuzzi right after each match. I think we were the only guys who could afford to stay at that hotel. My team-mates dad worked at a travel agency. He offered us a great deal. 4 of us shared one room. GOOD TIMES!!! The hotel is ??bernice.

what a coincidence. we stayed at the same hotel.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Great hotel tip for those lovers out there: If you ever go to the big island of Hawai'i, you gotta take your spouse to the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel Resort there. It'll cost a grip, but man, it's worth it. Wifey and I went on our late honeymoon (i.e., could afford one right after getting married, just finished grad school, broke-related). Best hotel stay ever!!!!!

WHAT?!?!?!? I've been there!!! Hawai'i's High School Tennis State Finals 1996! I played on that center court! In front of 300 people. I reached the quarter finals. I hopped into the Jacuzzi right after each match. I think we were the only guys who could afford to stay at that hotel. My team-mates dad worked at a travel agency. He offered us a great deal. 4 of us shared one room. GOOD TIMES!!! The hotel is ??bernice.

what a coincidence. we stayed at the same hotel.

It would have been funnier if you'd stayed at the same hotel as me in caracas. Then i could have blaimed you for the random panties.

• When i was 12 my family and i went on a road trip to go visit some freinds who owned a hotel interstate. First day Dad drove for nearly 20 hours, wanting to get the most of it out of the way. So the 2nd last town we pass, Dad says we should keep going, to the next group of towns, only another hour away. Big mistake. There was a "hot air ballooning convention" in town, so everything was booked. No room at the Inn steeze.

So we end up staying in some stanky old caravan, which had a double bed, and 4 bunks for us kids. Problem being the matresses were made of cheap foam and covered in vinyl (were talking 25ish celcius with high humidity) so you would peel off your skin if you rolled over. The top bunk were held up a peice of dowel, bout as thick as a broom handle and 2 nails in the wall side AND THATS IT. No way could i sleep with my fat little sister hovering precariously over my head. Got up and went outside to take a slash, and i hear a huge crash. Sisters bed has collasped onto where i was, and theres little bugs EVERWHERE. Turned out to be termites (in a metal caravan - go figure?)

Upside was that as we drove off a 5 in the morning, there were literally DOZENS of air ballons taking off from feilds all around. Was trully amazing, like being amongst a giant school of fish.