Radio special link: Stax Records Devin the Dude

YoungAmericanYoungAmerican 16 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I just stopped in because I thought you guys might be interested in a couple episodes of my radio show / podcast, The Sound of Young America.Last week's show featured two interviews, one with Devin the Dude (who I'm sure you all know and love), and one with Rob Bowman, one of the world's foremost experts on Stax Records. He talked a lot about the history of the label, and particularly about Wattstax.You can download the show from this link (right click and save as). Or, you can download it from our webpage at www.maximumfun.org.Also... this show features a big interview with Peter Guralnick about the life & music of Sam Cooke.If you like this stuff, you can check out my show in iTunes (it's a free podcast).And I'd love to hear what you think.JesseThe Sound of Young Americahttp://www.maximumfun.org

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    check this shit out. it's a really good radio show.

(even though this thread should probably be in announcments)

• check this shit out. it's a really good radio show.

(even though this thread should probably be in announcments)

Thanks, Noz... obviously I don't know the rules around here, if mods want to move this thread, I have no objection. Otherwise, I'd love to hear what other folks think.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i was able to listen up thru half of bowman's interview yesterday, and i have to say: indeed
    great show, thanks