just got this reply to some records for sale...

soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
i saw your advert on web and i am interested in buying your Item i am based in western africa get back to me if my offer is ok by you.Like i said earlier i am based in the Western africa .there won't be any probs about the shipment,after payment ,the pick up will be made at your place. i have made arrangements with the prepaid shipping company.As regards payment,this is what i am going to do;I have a client in the US who is owing me US4,800 i would instruct him to make out a certified check to you in that amount and as soon as it clears your bank. you can now deduct your money from it and send me my balance,i will using use part of the money to pay for the shipping and other expenses .you will then send my balance by via western union money transfer.Although the value of the check is more than the asking price but i think i should be able to trust you with my balance.The reason why i am doing this is that it would take a check sent from over here in Nigeria 21days to clear over there,whereas a check sent from the! US would clear tops within 48hrs.So i would like you to deduct the western union charges from my balance.So if my terms are acceptable to you,i would like you to give me your full name,address and phone number so that i can instruct my client to make out the check to you.Pls get back to me as soon as you get this mail so that we can round things up in a timely fashion..i will be trusting in this business transaction. get back to me. =========================================================== REPLY.............WITH ....................ADDRESS....................... ========================================================== good,consider it sold,i will let you know as soon as payment is on its way,and when you get it let me know the best time for pick up as soon as payment is clear. hope we round things up very soon. regards

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    i saw your advert on web and i am interested in buying your Item i am based in western africa get back to me if my offer is ok by you.Like i said in the previous sentence[/b], i am based in the Western africa

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I am based in the Western africa

I said:

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    dude, but where is he from?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    dude, but where is he from?

Why? That's most asked by 85, where he from?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

awhile back somebody posted up about how this one guy really fucked with these internet scam guys. he was selling "ANUS" computers on craigslist. it was a hilarious post. i just searched for it but its long gone. there are way too many posts with the word 'anus' on here by the way.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    But is he ETHNIC WEST AFRICAN?

Instructions sound pretty clear to me - go for it. Hey - ask him if he has an account of $3.2 million that was frozen by his country's government that he needs an American citizen to hold for him until his wife and kids can get out of detention and their visas accepted so they can escape his homeland's oppressive regime and thank you for generosity in this matter. Just send him the record and a small processing fee of about $1000 and I'm sure he'll hook you up with a mil or two in a few months.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

awhile back somebody posted up about how this one guy really fucked with these internet scam guys. he was selling "ANUS" computers on craigslist. it was a hilarious post. i just searched for it but its long gone. there are way too many posts with the word 'anus' on here by the way.

Isn't that the one where he turned the tables on one of the scammers by boxing up a bunch of busted CPUs and other hardware and shipping it to Nigeria??

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

Isn't that the one where he turned the tables on one of the scammers by boxing up a bunch of busted CPUs and other hardware and shipping it to Nigeria??

yep! and he scratched the word 'anus' onto all the monitor screens. wish i could find that.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    A friend of mine did some serious messing with the Nigerian scam email folks a while back and even turned it into a play that ran in LA and in the UK:

After receiving spam email from a Nigeria, Dean Cameron assumed the identity of a sexually confused Florida millionaire, whose only companions are his houseboy and cats, and began a 9 month correspondence with the scammer. With Victor Isaac as the bewildered Nigerian, the show, taken from the actual letters, documents the hilarious relationship which descends into misunderstanding, desperation, and deception.