So paypal is FUCKING me

noznoz 3,625 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
A HREF="http://www.nopaypal.com/">i'm sayin/A>... i closed my one bank account a long time ago, but i had two accounts listed on paypal, one i just never got around to verifying. i tend to keep all my paypal transactions within paypal, there's usually enough money in the account to cover my purchases. i also never thought to delete the registered account when i closed it. well recently i went over and and paypal tried to extract money from an account that's been closed for like six months (even though i had the other account set up as the default source, for some reason it reverted to the old one). and all hell broke loose.they've currently frozen the money i have in there (only like $15 but still) and say that i cannot register the current bank account, i guess because i took too long to do so. whenever i try it tells me this -I>This bank account is disabled for entry into the PayPal website. Please add a different bank account instead. If you would still like to use this bank account, you may fax us a copy of the bank statement with the two amounts PayPal deposited in your bank account shown and a copy of your driver's license or other photo I.D. You must use this form for your fax cover sheet and send the fax to (402) 537-5780./I>problem is i don't have that bank statement because it was like six months back. i don't even have a damn fax machinethe fuck am i supposed to do? go open up a seperate bank account just so i can use paypal? i got auctions to pay for here, people.

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    follow the "Help" link... it will lead you to the Paypal offices where you can speak to a live person.

the email system is stupid and worthless...

good luck.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

problem is i don't have that bank statement because it was like six months back.

Just as an aside, do you do any online banking? I can get my statements for almost nine months back and a .pdf of any cancelled check without talking to anyone. It's free and paperless.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

problem is i don't have that bank statement because it was like six months back.

Just as an aside, do you do any online banking? I can get my statements for almost nine months back and a .pdf of any cancelled check without talking to anyone. It's free and paperless.

nah, wachovia has a real circular application for online banking where it just keeps taking me back to the same pages and asking me for information that im applying for (like "so you want to register for an online account number? first you must enter your online account number"). so i said fuck it, if registration is so inefficient i can only imagine how bad the actual online banking is.

fucking technology is the worst.

i'm going over to the real bank now and asking for six months of statements, which i will then pick through with a fine tooth comb to find the 3 cent transfer paypal made.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Don't get discouraged...Both of my sisters bank with Wachovia and if the middle one could get in (she's the least technologically savvy among us), then anything is possible! Trust me, it totally beats going to a branch or spending half an hour of your life on holding on the telephone.

• follow the "Help" link... it will lead you to the Paypal offices where you can break the neck of a live "paypal" person.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    not to beat a dead horse, but those "your paypal user account may be limited please give us your password" spams just add insult to injury when you're user account is actually limited and you're waiting on email from a real paypal rep.