wireless routers?

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
i finally gots the innernets at my new house. i got a verizon dsl modem with wireless capability. but i think i have to also get something for my desktop and laptop to make it work?

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yeah, a lil antenna dealie.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Yes Sir, I think you also need a PCI or USB Wi-Fi card on your PC/laptop.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    A friend just made his wi-fi network at home. He proudly surfs the internerd while shitting now

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    anyway to tap into wireless networks that are password protected? i tried to ask my neighbor if i could and pay him like $5-10 a month to use it but dude wasnt hearing me. so now i want to just tap into the network.
    any help?

-rich

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    I'd like to thank all my neighbors for their unsecured wireless networks.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    you are asking for help to comit a crime, Sir.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    ha. i asked dude nicely to use his wireless network and i'd pay him $5 to $10 a month for casual use. but dude wasnt hearing me. i thought that was a decent amount for some web surfing, not like iw as gonna be downloading dvd's etc and tie down his bandwidth. maybe i shoulda told him it was for soulstrut.

-rich

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    I'd like to thank all my neighbors for their unsecured wireless networks.

Got that 'admin' password game on lock... Leaving default settings:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesssetup.mspx

• reskresk 391 Posts
    I live in a town house (in a college town), im in range for about 10 diffrent networks (maybe half are not password protected).
    I been using other peoples internet since like august thanks to this. Funny thing is we actually pay for the net, but my roommate has been too lazy to set up his router.