Grading question (dildo again!)

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
So question, what is worse - scuffs or a slight bowling? And by worse, I mean what will drop the price on a record more?thanks.

Comments

• another question to make it a two parter: are promos considered more valuable than pic sleeves, or vice versa? Or is it just a matter of buyer preference?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    So question, what is worse - scuffs or a slight bowling?

And by worse, I mean what will drop the price on a record more?

thanks.

by bowling do you mean a slight dish warp? for me i would much rather have scuffs. i try to avoid warped (even slightly) records like the plague.

for me, even with a very slight warp there's now way the record could be better than vg+, and that might be a stretch. if someone grades a record as nm- on ebay say, and i get it and it's great other than a few scuffs that might give a touch of noise, i don't really care too much.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    So question, what is worse - scuffs or a slight bowling?

And by worse, I mean what will drop the price on a record more?

thanks.

I believe that Goldmine standards allow for a slight warp without any downgrading, although ebay buyers don't always feel this way and I think it should always be mentioned in the description.

For djing any warp sucks, but for home listening, a slight warp doesn't make much difference and I'd personally rather have a clean sound with a slight dish/warp than the opposite.

As for promo v. pic sleeve, it completely depends on the record and availability of each.