Woop! Woop! The sound of da police!

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone ever been arrested?I've been detained a few times and managed to talk my way out of actually spending a night in the cells. Most recently yesterday... ( )

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    ouchy

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I've had one ride in a cop car

Victim of running while black in a rich neibourhood

Full 3 squad cars get on the floor guns drawn (i was 14) they called my friends dad a 3am to verify i had been in his house (after i had nothing on me)
    They almost did not give me a ride back

Other time was 1:30 hour detention for a routine subway-bicycle ticket. Kept on questionning me "you're haitian han?" "Why did you write you last name here without a dash when you're card has a - in between?"

rat bastards

• Got arrested with a friend of mine who was carrying a couple of ounces of something he shouldn't have had on his person.
    Not a pleasant experience, but the police were only doing what they are paid to do, unlike my dopey friend who told me he wasn't carrying

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    If you're caught doing something you shouldn't... fair game.
    But it's when they blatantly take one side over another that I get pissed.
    Black vs White, rich vs poor...
    I was cuffed and in the car because I was the one on a pushbike and the other guy was the one driving a new Jag. My trick is to be charming, polite and cooperative and coerce them into my view... with a little intelligence, cunning and imagination it can be done.
    All said and done, i'd still rather have not been in that situation in the first place...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    night in jail back in my graffiti days. lots of fines and comm service and interegation and court appearances...atleast i didnt get the forcasted 30 days...and i kept my mouth SHUT. :stop snitchin:

i got a hommey on house arrest right now for WWB (walking while black)...FREE ZEAL!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Spent the night in detention once for trespassing and refusing to leave the premises. Me and two friends went swimming in a private pool one sunday morning after a night on the town. The cops were called and drunk as I was, I didn't want to leave. Insisting on singing "Midt Om Natten" by Kim Larsen (a song with anti-police lyrics) during the whole thing did not help matters. So they made me to sleep it off at the police station.

That's the only time I've been dragged off to the precinct. Been teargassed a couple of times at demonstrations (so not recommended). Marijuana possesion here and there. Nothing major, fortunately. I usually try to stay away from the police. Had a couple of run-ins with the NYPD in Queens when visiting family there. False allegations, "you fit the description" - type of stuff.

• I've been arrested for Murder.

But I didn't do it. So I was let go.

• I've been arrested for Murder.

But I didn't do it. So I was let go.

• Imperial Mao you're not Chairman Mao are you?

• Nah, 'fraid not

• The cops were called and drunk as I was, I didn't want to leave. Insisting on singing "Midt Om Natten" by Kim Larsen

m_dejean, that's

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I AM BUTT ASS NEKKED IN THE BING RIGHT NOW. WIRELESS INTERNET LIKE A MUG, BITCHES. CAVITY SEARCHES. I WILL EAT YO' FOOD, N*GGA. PHONE CHECK, FOOL. DON'T DROP THE SOAP. SEND ME A KITE.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I AM BUTT ASS NEKKED IN THE BING RIGHT NOW. WIRELESS INTERNET LIKE A MUG, BITCHES. CAVITY SEARCHES. I WILL EAT YO' FOOD, N*GGA. PHONE CHECK, FOOL. DON'T DROP THE SOAP. SEND ME A KITE.

YEAH!!! Phill is back!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Back when I was a teenager I was out on a ride with one of my boys. Not sure of our destination, but homeboy had a couple ounces on him. I was driving and we went by a cop that was parked. He pulled out behind us for some reason and I quickly turned into a dunkin donuts. The cop whipped in behind us and approached the car. I forget exactly why I was apprehended but he wanted my license and registration. With the po-9 flashing the light in our space I went into the glove box for my reg. There was the two ounces!! Holy shit, I thought. I'm done. Right to the big house. What am I supposed to do? Rat my friend out? I'm going down. But the blue didn't even notice the shit! I don't know if it was his angle, or what, but pulling out of that fuckin dunkin donuts I made sure no one, including me, would get myself in the slamma.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I got some charges against me from when I was a youngin. Petty theft and an assault charge.

I GOT POLITICAL IN THE CELL BLOCC.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    My trick is to be charming, polite and cooperative and coerce them into my view... with a little intelligence, cunnilingus[/b] and imagination it can be done.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

If only...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Yes. But I avoided going to central booking. Whew, so I dont have a record of being arrested.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    any thats been booked ever get an expungement? its a process that gets your files removed for your first offense, aka clearing your record. im in the beginning stages of trying to get this done, just wondering if anyones done it successfully?

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

This graemlin ROCKS.

• any thats been booked ever get an expungement? its a process that gets your files removed for your first offense, aka clearing your record. im in the beginning stages of trying to get this done, just wondering if anyones done it successfully?

yeah, I used my "get out of jail free" card early on as a teenager(graffiti bullshit). I just had to go through Pre Trial Intervention and do a few hundred hours community service and then pay a fee and it was removed from my record.

I wish I had a clean record..that shit looks terrible Especially, when anyone can look anyone else up now on the net and check out their criminal history for free.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i got so many stories its embarassing. when i was a juvi i racked up 7 vandalism arrests in 4 years. the state of maryland saw my repeat offender status, and put me in "operation: last chance", their version of scared straight.

when i turned 18, I was able to paint again, and went on a bombing spree. that landed me in DC city for a couple weekends. THAT SHIT was NO JOKE. lucky for me, the city was still recovering from the beaurocratic mess Mayor Barry had left behind. Wheen I showed up to court, they lost my papers...TWICE. The judge was so pissed.

Lucky for me, age and jadedness has killed my need to write on other peoples shit.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I served some time upstate as a teenager for criminal assault. Almost tried to get me on attempted murder, but they reduced the charges and got me for the assault and criminal mischeif shit. Family cashed in some favors and was I shipped to Maine on some bootcamp shit. Changed my life, and I got focused and that's what lead me into really getting into DJing. I feel out with the crew I used to run with, most of who are either dead or in jail right now. I'm pretty lucky, and thankful.

And with that, my 8000th post has been logged. Lord help me...