Quick Photoshop Question...

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
how can i convert a GIF image into a JPEG? someone told me to "save as" in photoshop, then just click on JPEG, but that wasn't one of the options listed. can anyone help me out here?

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Try using Microsoft paint, I think it has that option too. Don't know what kid of quality you need though.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Open GIF in Photoshop

Go to the menu uptop and pick IMAGE >> MODE >> RGB

Save as JPEG or export for Web as JPEG

Pick quality setting

save

• many thanks dude

• while we are asking PS questions, I was just about throwing my computer at the wall yesterday trying to create a pattern. I did it a bunch of times before but couldn't remember how. I specifically want to know an alternative way to the 'generate pattern' function. If I remember there is a way to select an area of a pic, and just make a pattern of the selection without jumbling it all up like the pattern generator does.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    while we are asking PS questions, I was just about throwing my computer at the wall yesterday trying to create a pattern. I did it a bunch of times before but couldn't remember how. I specifically want to know an alternative way to the 'generate pattern' function. If I remember there is a way to select an area of a pic, and just make a pattern of the selection without jumbling it all up like the pattern generator does.

- select area for pattern
    - edit > define pattern
    - fill > use pattern > custom pattern

• while we are asking PS questions, I was just about throwing my computer at the wall yesterday trying to create a pattern. I did it a bunch of times before but couldn't remember how. I specifically want to know an alternative way to the 'generate pattern' function. If I remember there is a way to select an area of a pic, and just make a pattern of the selection without jumbling it all up like the pattern generator does.

- select area for pattern
    - edit > define pattern
    - fill > use pattern > custom pattern

thank you Slavin!!!