Mastering in Seattle (info requested)

johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I just started work on a new set of songs which I hope will turn into an album. If it's an EP, so be it, or even a single, but it's been awhile since I've worked in "album mode" so I want to ask for some info.

I've always done my stuff here, which is fine, but the one piece of advice that I've always been given, and advice I pass on to other people who have asked me for advice , is that I need "outside ears". I would like to take the rough mixes of what I've done and take them up to Seattle to polish them up for release. Who would be the right person (or people) to talk to, and/or a good studio for that? I've never made music in Seattle, but it's been a place I've always wanted to work in. I'm humble in the sense that the term "failed artist" may be appropriate for me, so if this becomes my last bit of music that I'll do, I'd like to do it with some class. In a sense, in the years that I have created music, it has been only in the last four years where I've opened myself up. Call it being in the place that I am and not having access to good people who can help, but... anyway, help is what I'm asking. Perhaps in the summer or in the fall, I would like to have a rough mix of what would be an album, and be able to have it fine tuned.

You can either PM me, or feel free to post, perhaps to help others who may be in a similar situation that I'm in.

Comments

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Barry Corliss at Master Works. tell him I sent ya! Or Ryan in Portalnd at FREQ.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Barry Corliss at Master Works. tell him I sent ya! Or Ryan in Portalnd at FREQ.

I will do that, going to put those names down so I don't forget. Thanks.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Sounds like a Job for the CONMEN!