WANTED: Gal Costa: S/T

ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
edited January 2006 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
This one:Clean OG Brazilian 1st press please.10 copies.

Comments

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

There are clean copies on zBay...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I saw a "buy it now" clean copy for forty or fifty dollars on eBay just 2 days ago.
    If I[/b] was thinking about buying it, it must be in your price range.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Okay, I see that there was a passable copy listed on eBay several hours ago; I'll gun for that one.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yeah, dude, I've seen 'em go unbid for $50 - but, you gotta deal with South American shipping.

True, but I want Gal more than I'm worried about South American shipping, and more than I've wanted lesser records for which I've paid substantially more than $50.

• I've heard 1st press is in a bag. But that might not be true. I have the shitty ol cardboard cover version. Ray holler if you want to get crazy and give me like a lot of money for it.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I saw a "buy it now" clean copy for forty or fifty dollars on eBay just 2 days ago.
    If I[/b] was thinking about buying it, it must be in your poptart range.

Oooo, that bagged one sounds hot (if it indeed exists).

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    raynaldo gets props over here

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    be wary that perceived condition varies dramatically when dealing with Brazialian sellers. A VG+ might actually be VG- and so on. Go with a seller with a lot of feedback and be willing to contact and resolve issues if the grading isn't up to par.
    Excellent record.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I've heard 1st press is in a bag. But that might not be true. I have the shitty ol cardboard cover version. Ray holler if you want to get crazy and give me like a lot of money for it.

I'm not sure about this one, but I think in the 60's brazilian first editions were hardcovers and right after that they would switch to the classic "plastic bag" cover. Ie: Joao Gilberto "Chega de saudade". Like I said, I could be wrong.