dolemite ost OG check

haze25haze25 759 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
i recently found a copy of the dolemite ost, the cover is glossy,the inside of the cover is brown cardboard, the cardboard is very thin. the record label is gold and the run-out # is GI 2501A. i'm guessing re-issue, but i found it with a bunch of old records. some people i've shown it to say it might be a foreign pressing.anyone know how many re-issues have been done over the years? cause i know the most popular re-issue looks extremely close to the OG.any help would be greatly appreciated.peace,xavier

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    My copy has a non-glossy cover and a gold sticker that says "hear Rudy do phrases from the motion picture Dolemite"

LP 2501. Runout groove says "Generation V"

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    thanks man, i figure mine is a re-ish, it's just mad weird cause i pulled heat at this place where i found it on the same day, and to have a random re-issue in the mix is bugging me.

peace,xavier

• My copy has a non-glossy cover and a gold sticker that says "hear Rudy do phrases from the motion picture Dolemite"

ditto in NC

• RezRez 164 Posts
    i recently found a copy of the dolemite ost, the cover is glossy,the inside of the cover is brown cardboard, the cardboard is very thin. the record label is gold and the run-out # is GI 2501A. i'm guessing re-issue, but i found it with a bunch of old records. some people i've shown it to say it might be a foreign pressing.anyone know how many re-issues have been done over the years? cause i know the most popular re-issue looks extremely close to the OG.any help would be greatly appreciated.

peace,xavier

No foreign OG press on this one - only US OG upon release and bum resissues there after..

Rez