RETRACTED BIDS = WEAKSAUCE

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
anyone ever see this reason for retraction?:Annulation administrativewhat's the deal? had a dude bid one 10 pieces then retract the bids using this reason. it seems they're no longer a registered user as of sunday.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Sounds like eBay retracted them maybe?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Sounds like eBay retracted them maybe?

or cancelled dudes account i guess..

any idea what that reason for retraction means J***?

btw, found this lp called 'music to lure pigeons by' today, it'd be perfect for WAXIDERMY.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Have had serious problems with this from French bidders, one of whom had 68 bid retractions in the last month. what?!?!?!?!

btw, found this lp called 'music to lure pigeons by' today, it'd be perfect for WAXIDERMY.

hahaha! I have that. Some church jazz record from Chicago, right?

I dunno about that reason - but I've had eBay cancel bids a couple times when people got suspended from eBay. they should send you an email explaining it.

one of whom had 68 bid retractions in the last month. what?!?!?!?!

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Have had serious problems with this from French bidders, one of whom had 68 bid retractions in the last month. what?!?!?!?!

hmm. this guy is french too (maybe the same guy?) he's been a great customer in the past but this is maddening...

how ebay is set up, it's far too easy to abuse the bid retraction policy.

• had a guy bid on a record, somewhere in the $40+ range... asked me for a soundclip... then started retracting his bid! Brought it down to $9.99 and so I sent him the clip, hoping in vain that it would help rekindle his interest. He then bid $400 on the Pelon I had up and lost that as well... and then lost the first one which went for slightly under his initial bid! So he ended up with nothing.

I don't really understand that

• chrischris 287 Posts
    2 rounds ago i had somewhere in the vicinity of 25 retracted bids.
    last round - zero.

go figure.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Here's the game (probably common knowledge to all sellers) - a potential bidder wants to see what the high max bid is on a particular auction. He puts up an impossibly high bid, discovers the max, and then drops out due to the "entered wrong amount" excuse. He then bids accordingly thereafter. Folks use it to know when not to waste their time on a potentially exorbitant auction.