SPACE Age Experimental FX HEADZ

Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
I really dig those post modern effects in joints like:Intro to Jimmy Green - The RobotC*sm* B*k*r's Love Braek mixIntro to Brainstorm - Every Time I See YouI've made a few with a Space Echo and Kaoss II, but I'm not getting the same vibes.I need skooling on the kind of VSTs, equipment, methods and science to make em...Calling all Real Headz... Drop some knowledge...Lee.

Comments

• ya gotta go all analog...the ones and zeros fuck everything up.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Seriously tho

• i invented what i like to call the "shig-o-moog".

there was a lot of technical know how i put into creating it. mostly consisting of me dropping a stereo receiver and now when i mess with the eq it makes all these keenbean spacey sounds and shit.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    a chick playing the theremin with her boobs!! Bob Moog would be so proud

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    The Boob Moog???

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    The Boob Moog???
    I'd tap.

• I have been kinda crazy with it as of late.
    Ill keep you posted once I get it all built.

Okay, so I need to avoid spending any money cause I'm saving for a house - so I need to get the same kinda experimentalistic-ness, but without buying a full on Moog (until I have a house to put it in).

Any ideas people?

Any emulators or workarounds ?

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    cant help since im not familiar with those tracks, soundclips would be nice!

• girgir 329 Posts

Any ideas people?

this link is from the recent thread on echo and reverbs. while it focuses on getting them tricked out dub sounds, it's full of good ideas for getting strange spacy sounds.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Nipple operated Theremin I am with.

Heres a track.

Check the intro.

I wanna basically create some sick Jean Jaques Perry type sweeps.

So if anyone knows of the best model of Moog for the job, or any other equipment, methods, softwaer or otherwise, drop some science or remain forever SOFT.

Czech Diz