A great compilation for your parents...

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.timelife.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=2045&

(click on the 10 cds for listings)

my dad phucking loves this shit...and i do too. its mainstream 70s shit and stuff i grew up listening to too cause they were playing it, and its just awesome. if you're in your mid 20s/older and your parents like pop music back in the day, i'd heavily recommend this. i was sceptical at first as pop compilations are often shit, this collection is sick though. nothing rare at all, but it does say something when even though these songs were considered pop, they were damn solid...oh and the kicker...there's even a leo sayer track

Comments

• If my mother (RIP) was still alive, she'd probably be feeling the "Whistle Song" I grew up on her 70s records but she was over them. She wanted new, tredny stuff.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    tazzy holmes, u might wanna check this out then, cause it shot back A LOT of memories for me. lots of nameless tunes who's melodies have been in my head for ages.

• I guess the good thing about being under 35 is that you're not completely sick of these songs.

• dude there's an infomercial for this thing on late night, saw it a couple weeks ago. seeing the greg brady guy poppin his fingers and wagging his head around talking about 70s radio and making eyes to the female co-host was hilarious.

I would buy this in a second if it came with all the full videos of the performances they show in the informercial.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Good One!

Carly Simon: "You're So Vain" Yay or nay? Tough one ...

• I dunno, but I love the infomercials for the Soul 70s and Soul ballads compilations. Ive fallen asleep mad times with that shit on the tv after comin in from drinkin. People that aint feelin the music on those need to be shot.