long overdue introduction...

axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
hello all..this is a couple years overdue the name is keith, don't eat beef i brush my teeth everyday of the week..hahaha...for real i've been lurking for a minute now bout time i got around to this. this board is dope, the amount of knowledge dropped is ridiculous..when i first peeped the site i was i've been hipped to alot of great records through people on here and gotten alot of helpful info from strutters for the real world...theres definetly some elitist type douchebags up in here but the good down to earth types easily out weigh them...i lil info about me, started djing in 92 without a fucking clue how to mix or cut i just wanted to spread my love of rap music to others..i grew up in a suburb south of boston, at that time nobody was djing like that in my area...went to college in 95, got a college rap radio show(mad fun), moved to boston in 96 and finally started meeting real dj's that actually knew how transform and mix.hahaha...whoops forgot to mention my pops, the man who is responsible for my record fiending, he was a pretty serious collector in the 70's and 80's so i inherited alot of great blues, bluesrock and funky rock joints from him..and he gave me a grip of 80's rap lp's and 12"s that he picked up in his travels..i'm very fortunate to have such cool cat for a dad so if i have'nt bored the piss out of everybody yet in conclusion i'm about to turn 30 real soon and i still get chills up the spine when finding good music, on that tip thank you to anybody on here that has put me up on some new music..thanks for reading!keith

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    hey
    what suburb are ya from?

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    welcome. My pops is real cool too. Has many record related stories that I get to hear all the time, like when he went to see Bobbi Humphrey's in 1974 when she played in this small club in brooklyn. Or when he saw early Kool and the Gang right after they released the first album...He goes on and on, and the stories are always great.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    ...when he saw early Kool and the Gang right after they released the first album...

• theres definetly some elitist type douchebags up in here

Greatest post EVAR!

Douchebag is such an under-appreciated word.

Edit: oh, and WELCOME!

...when he saw early Kool and the Gang right after they released the first album...

he took my mom to that one too. So she can chime in when he's telling the story. Of course it sounded like one hell of a concert.

• hey
    what suburb are ya from?
    marshfield or marshvegas hahaha...my pops storys are funny as hell..mostly tripping on shrooms at rolling stones concerts related...the one story that always kills me is how he sold 2000 funk and r&b 45's cuz my mom told him they were taking up to much space(mid 80's) i started to bust his shit when 45's started sky rocketing in value several years ago..we could have been rich! he's always tripping on the records i buy, like when i showed him the benji soundtrack last week i was like "yo benji got loops pops" hahaha...too many times i'll show him sum 60's shit and he'll just laugh like "those guys could'nt give away records back then!"

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    marshfield or marshvegas hahaha...

Nice dude... I'm from Plymouth. Glad as all hell to be outta there

DJ Ferrari

• marshfield or marshvegas hahaha...

DJ Ferrari
    werd up the mayflower in full effect..my boys been pulling heat out of revolutions for a loooong time...he threatens my life everytime i say i'm going there.ahaha...the alliance lp for 3 dollars wtf!

• welcome. My pops is real cool too.

Word! Your pops was mad chill when he came to the shop, he was pulling out joints like "listen to this one"... haha, always dope to see that. There was a Japanese father-son team where the father was jonesing for original jazz and bossa while the son was raiding the disco and hip-hop crates.

welcome. My pops is real cool too.

Word! Your pops was mad chill when he came to the shop, he was pulling out joints like "listen to this one"... haha, always dope to see that. There was a Japanese father-son team where the father was jonesing for original jazz and bossa while the son was raiding the disco and hip-hop crates.

my dad was the original collectro of the family. He had some really nice stuff that was lost when his basement flooded in N.J. right before we moved out to California. The stuff that was salvaged is now nesseld in my shelves. Some of my best pieces were from his collection...and I can only imagine what was lost that flood season. He was naming off titles and I had to stop him because I almost teared up. Whenever we go diggin together, he always gets excited to finally hear it over a nice stereo system after smoking a j.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    marshfield or marshvegas hahaha...

DJ Ferrari

Yo Mr Ferrari. I was rocking your Summer Soulstice mix for about the 50th time today. I've ended up buying a number of rekkids from that mix of yours - behind the blue curtain being one of my faves. Quality mix.

Paece.

Lee.