Parrot Squawks on Women's Affair NRR

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
File under: HA HA
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4619764.stm

Parrot squawks on woman's affair

A parrot owner was alerted to his girlfriend's infidelity when his talkative pet let the cat out of the bag by squawking "I love you Gary".

Suzy Collins had been meeting ex-work colleague "Gary" for four months in the Leeds flat she shared with her partner Chris Taylor, according to reports.

Mr Taylor apparently became suspicious after Ziggy croaked "Hiya Gary" when Ms Collins answered her mobile phone.

The parrot also made smooching sounds whenever the name Gary was said on TV.

New home

Mr Taylor, 30, a computer programmer, confronted the woman he had lived with for a year who admitted the affair and moved out, several newspapers reported.

He also gave up his eight-year-old African Grey parrot after the bird continued to call out Gary's name and refused to stop squawking the phrases in his ex-girlfriend's voice.

"I wasn't sorry to see the back of Suzy after what she did, but it really broke my heart to let Ziggy go," he said.

"I love him to bits and I really miss having him around, but it was torture hearing him repeat that name over and over again."

Ms Collins, 25, said: "I'm not proud of what I did but I'm sure Chris would be the first to admit we were having problems."

Ziggy - named after David Bowie's former alter ego Ziggy Stardust - has now found a new home through the offices of a local parrot dealer.

Comments

• I read this the other day, and the version I saw had a quote from the girl that if dude had spent more time with her and less time with the parrot she might not have cheated on him.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i thought this was going to be about a parrot teaching womens' studies classes.

i need to get the fuck outta here, go drink no less than five bourbons and smoke stupid amounts of hash.

tgif.

yea i said tgif.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i thought this was going to be about a parrot teaching womens' studies classes.

i need to get the fuck outta here, go drink no less than five bourbons and smoke stupid amounts of hash.

tgif.

yea i said tgif.

• You need to dump your parrot, Bassie.

You need to dump your parrot, Bassie.
    fuckinghell - something's gotta go

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    You need to dump your parrot, Bassie.
    fuckinghell -
    something's gotta go

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Since we're talking animals.

So this guy comes home drunk one night and bursts into his wifes room with a sheep under his arm and says "see - this is the pig I sleep with when you have a headache!" and the wife says "you drunk idiot, thats a sheep" and he says ....

wait for it

"I wasn't talking to you"

• yo that parrot needs to

oh shit! that's me on the right with bo and sandy in '98. good times were had, let me tell you, good times were had.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    SOULMARCOSA JUST SENT ME THIS STORY

http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=5232&z=3&p=

Couple finds stoned owl in Christmas tree[/b]
    NBC2 News
    Last updated on: 12/16/2005 10:55:04 AM

SARASOTA??? The Pelican Man's Bird Sanctuary in Sarasota is getting ready to release one buzzed bird back out into the wild. Vets at the sanctuary have been caring for a screech owl that was found acting a little odd.

A couple purchased a Christmas tree and had it in the house for five days before decorating it. That's when the couple discovered a tiny screech owl in the tree.

The couple called the sanctuary's rescue squad.

But the story wasn't very interesting until Melissa Dolinsky began assessing the owl's health.

"I kept smelling him and smelling him going, 'What is that odor?'"

She thought it smelled like marijuana.

"Just kind of laying there as happy as could be," said Dolinsky.

They examined the owl looked in his eyes and determined the owl was stoned.

"Absolutely a first for me. I've never had any owl or any other winged creature for that matter come in high? Absolutely a first," said Jeff Dering of Pelican Man's Bird Sanctuary

In true holiday timing, the December guest has generated some much needed attention for the struggling sanctuary.

The sanctuary named the owl Cheech the Screetch.

The staff set Cheech free Thursday afternoon into the trees along bradenton beach

• stoned owl[/b]

sounds like an awesome psych record.