The electric keyboard scene!

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
COUNTSLove Sign[/b]Quite possibly the most righteous work ever from The Counts -- a move away from the heavier funk of their Westbound years, and a shift into some great jazz-based material! The vibe here draws heavily on the electric keyboard scene of the early 70s -- with echoes of Lonnie Liston Smith's spaciness!
A certified TFT, by the way.

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    That's funny, I read that review yesterday after giving the face to a copy I listened to a couple days prior. What they thinking over there in Chicago nowadays??

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

COUNTS
    Love Sign[/b]

Quite possibly the most righteous work ever from The Counts -- a move away from the heavier funk of their Westbound years, and a shift into some great jazz-based material! The vibe here draws heavily on the electric keyboard scene of the early 70s -- with echoes of Lonnie Liston Smith's spaciness!

What does TFT stand for (I think I know what it means!)?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    That's funny, I read that review yesterday after giving the face to a copy I listened to a couple days prior. What they thinking over there in Chicago nowadays??

That record is trash... I think it was recorded in Atlanta, too.

I want to learn more about the electric keyboard scene, though.

COUNTS
    Love Sign[/b]

Quite possibly the most righteous work ever from The Counts -- a move away from the heavier funk of their Westbound years, and a shift into some great jazz-based material! The vibe here draws heavily on the electric keyboard scene of the early 70s -- with echoes of Lonnie Liston Smith's spaciness!

Tepid Funk Terd

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What's up w/ this record?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

What's up w/ this record? Everybody knows the electric keyboard scene has it's roots in Greece.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tepid Mediterranean Terd

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

check PM's.

• The Space Lady is her own electric keyboard scene.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Tepid Mediterranean Terd

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

What's up w/ this record? Everybody knows the electric keyboard scene has it's roots in Greece.

yeah that and the HOT bouzouki scene DONT SLEEP!

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tepid Mediterranean Terd
    LOL

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

i forgot id ever heard that record, but i do remember putting it back

• Jorge, there was a lady who spoke Greek posting on Announcements a few weeks back. You should contact her and get a translation of this album cover. As I remember, her rates were quite reasonable.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Jorge, there was a lady who spoke Greek posting on Announcements a few weeks back. You should contact her and get a translation of this album cover. As I remember, her rates were quite reasonable.

First time in my life I can't read a personnel list. Even in russian records you have things like "drumsovich" and you know that dude plays drums. Not in this case.

Jorge, there was a lady who spoke Greek posting on Announcements a few weeks back. You should contact her and get a translation of this album cover. As I remember, her rates were quite reasonable.
    Zing-a-ling.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

COUNTS
    Love Sign[/b]

Tepid Funk Terd

I think the real question is...

Is your terd, tepid funk?