In the thick of it (Texas rap related)

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Man, this phenomenon known as Texas rap just keeps getting bigger. First off, from this "city that hardly exists" known as Austin, I'd like you all to become familiar with the following groups:Nac & Swift:This is the first group being put out by Salih & Tomar Williams of Carnival Beats. Some of you who have Rapid Ric mixtapes might have already heard Nac and Salih teaming up with Paul Wall on "Got Karo". The group is now signed with Capital (at least, I think that's the label), so be on the look-out.Basswood Lane:These dudes are out of the two-three zip code here in Austin and while they have yet to release an album, their mix cd from last year "The Lane Vol. 1" and their live shows are fire. This Sunday night Bun B rolls through the Back Room. Talk all over town is centered around whether or not Pimp C will be joining him on stage. My thought is that he's surely on parole which wouldn't allow him to make the trip. But who knows? I guess it's fun for some folks to get their hopes up.Next weekend we're getting Scarface recording a live DVD at Antone's along with his band. And then that Sunday night it's K-Rino of South Park Coalition, Young Bleed, Money Waters, and Basswood Lane at the Back Room. Last weekend we had a Z-Ro show that was cancelled for the club being overcrowded without proper licenses or some lame ish like that. And then there was the Magno show that Matt over at houstonsoreal.com has already covered. Pile all of this onto the Longhorns taking the title from USC and the vibes down here are buzzing in constant frenzy. And SXSW is just around the corner.

Comments

• sergserg 682 Posts
    bosswood lane's "So Pretty in the ATX" is probably one of the greatest rap songs I've ever heard

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Young Bleed

please to update after this happens. kinda mad i've never had the chance to see this dude.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Next weekend we're getting Scarface recording a live DVD at Antone's along with his band.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Please do a solid and...

Go to this link, click other, and type in E-40 - Tell Me When to Go as a request...as many times as you want to...every day.

http://www.hot933.fm/countdown/Hot8At8.aspx

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

do a solid