YZ appraisal post

BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Sorry if this has been done. Just found this in lil sis's car... heart jumped when I saw the tape over the holes, but luckily the overdub never took place. Tapes and driving means I'm more likely to listen straight through, instead of just messing with the In Control EP tracks. Never really dug the LP much except for Masterplan.Anyway,Voice: Great, like a cross between Chubb Rock and Masta Ace.Flow: Matter of taste, I quite like.Beats: Sample loops are dope.Drums: Where are they? Would be cool to hear some Format or etc. remixes of this shit.ePinions anyone?Other cassettes I'm rockin:Schoolly D - Saturday Night. Damn that last track (Krack?) is the shit.Chris Goldfinger mix from 1995. Reggaeton is these beats plus chanting in spanish.Atlantic Rhythm & Blues 1958-62.... yes I'm obviously not a music snob.

Comments

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    He's coming back out. He just got a track from Jacob Wizzle!!!!!!!!!

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    YZ comin back with a Jake track? Is that fo real? I always like YZ, so will this be the return of the Holy One part 2?

The question is will Harvey Wallbanger do a remix?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    He's coming back out. He just got a track from Jacob Wizzle!!!!!!!!!

Oh damn, a master plan indeed.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    there should be a tony d appreciation post, he did beats for YZ and PRT

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    there should be a tony d appreciation post, he did beats for YZ and PRT

I was thinking about Tony D a few weeks ago as I was looking around in my stuff for my show. I played the Crusaders For Real Hip-Hop's "We Love The Hotties (Remix)", and was listening to the album that it came from. The one album I didn't pick up was the one he did before that, for 4th & B'Way The Harvey Wallbanger one that had ads in The Source. Was that one any good?

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    I think Jake sold him an entire beat CD...lol. Ya, I know Jake did some shit for dood

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    yeah i love YZ. he was straight killing it on those old tony d. beats and he was able to semi reinvent himself in that darker acid reign era. keep a lookout for too def's "I am who i am" which is an early yz group with a beverly hillbillies beat.

hopefully jake can do him better than who ever did the beats on this junker -

(although it does have the long awaited too short / yz collab)

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    I think Jake sold him an entire beat CD...lol. Ya, I know Jake did some shit for dood

Yeah he bought 4 so far. Supposedly the whole album is me and 9th. We'll see what happens. Haven't heard any of the songs for it.