montreal peeps

p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
so my girl is considering moving to Montreal for a year or so to paint... thus she wants a loft... any ideas on neighborhoods/prices? or real estate websites? all i know about montreal is where my brother kept his futan and where the record stores are...

Comments

• yo, I might kick out the roomie if your girl can cook and doesn't rock uggs.... (oh shit!)

Nah... I would suggest getting on the montrealshows.com baord and looking for anything in the Little Italy / Little Burgundy / St.Henri hoods. Everything else has been somewhat gentrified to shit by people like myself... artists looking for good spots in nice neighborhoods, which have all been snapped up by musicians a couple years back.... and again more recently upgraded in price by quick money videogame and new media developers... sucks.

Fuck trying the Plateau. Good luck.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    so my girl is considering moving to Montreal for a year or so to paint... thus she wants a loft... any ideas on neighborhoods/prices? or real estate websites? all i know about montreal is where my brother kept his futan and where the record stores are...

I work in housing. Get at me on the PM, if you like. U canadian?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    yo, I might kick out the roomie if your girl can cook and doesn't rock uggs.... (oh shit!)

Nah... I would suggest getting on the montrealshows.com baord and looking for anything in the Little Italy / Little Burgundy / St.Henri hoods. Everything else has been somewhat gentrified to shit by people like myself... artists looking for good spots in nice neighborhoods, which have all been snapped up by musicians a couple years back.... and again more recently upgraded in price by quick money videogame and new media developers... sucks.

Fuck trying the Plateau. Good luck.

yeah, my brother used to live up near Little Italy, sort of on the edge actually in the hasidic neighborhood... thanks, i'll peep the site...

yeah, basically she just wants a big ol' room she can paint in, with no roommates...

Haz, i'll PM you tomorrow, thanks!

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Haz, check yo PM's...